• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 bassgeige

bassgeige

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 409 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Enjoyed on a regular basis.

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:06 PM

Thank you very much!

#22 Natetaco

Natetaco

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Tales of the Arabian Nights, Indiana Jones,, XMen, Apollo13, Batman the Dark Knight, The Walking Dead

Posted 08 November 2015 - 10:49 PM

I did find this but do not know what to do? I think this is what was used to correct appollo 13. I know nothing about coding, hopefully this will help.

This is the quote.

While you are playing table try to press F5 this will force Double Size of DMD screen and force VPinMame screen to display on top of all screen by the same time, then press F5 again to resize to original position. the screen should be on top now.

AHK code if needed you call this soon as the table is launched add this small part of code .... I use this to fix DMD under screen issue like for apollo13. DirectB2S 3screen

;----
Sleep 500
Send {f5 down}
Send {f5 Up}
sleep 500
Send {f5 down}
Send {f5 Up}
;-----

#23 bassgeige

bassgeige

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 409 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:34 PM

It is new to me too, a quick search means ahk is something like an auto hotkey script. In visual pinball you can see in the editor the beforehand loaded table (File/Open) and the script icon field. Open it and the table script is visible. I am not sure if this script will work inside the Table script but it does make sense. You can insert the lines in the top area or for example try it after the line 27 and see if it works. In case it does, the table script would perform this from you described behaviour with the f5 key automatically after the table is started. If it does not work, you can maybe use a separate auto hotkey generator software.

Script icon

Attached File  script.PNG   21.75KB   15 downloads

Table script example.

Attached File  table script.PNG   37.86KB   13 downloads

Edited by bassgeige, 09 November 2015 - 07:46 PM.

#24 Natetaco

Natetaco

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Tales of the Arabian Nights, Indiana Jones,, XMen, Apollo13, Batman the Dark Knight, The Walking Dead

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:15 PM

Been busy working, and haven't had time to do anything. Thanks for the reply, I will try this later, after the little one goes to sleep, and I'll let you know. Thought it would have to go in the db2s file, which I cannot do, but since it's table script, that's easy. Thanks again for your help.

#25 Natetaco

Natetaco

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:18 PM

No matter how I put it into the script I get an error. So I am stuck for for now. If I find a solution I will post it. Thanks

#26 bassgeige

bassgeige

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 409 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:15 PM

Today Zozueh posted a focus problem:

"Does not work for my VPX version. DMD stays behind the backglass, so it is kind of useless. 

Only table that i have this problem."

I tried to find a solution and for the normal usage with a grill and the dmd in the foreground this setup works for me. Please try it. Thanks.

Attached File  b2sdmdhidden.PNG   60.91KB   3 downloads

Please try to deactivate for the normal grill usage the b2s dmd as hidden in the b2s backglass server.

Edited by bassgeige, 10 August 2017 - 08:29 PM.

#27 bassgeige

bassgeige

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 409 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:10 AM

Now every option is laying on the table. After more thinking I found out that there are two ways to include a third screen.

Natetaco posted that he had the same problem with other rare db2s too. That could be a small editor bug in case the problem would be solved with the new version 1.92 for three screen users. Your feedback is very much appreciated!

The other hint came from Zozueh and is described above and is probably only a misunderstanding of the backglass server.

You should try to deactivate for the normal grill usage the b2s dmd as hidden in the b2s backglass server. Try to use version 1.90 or 1.92.

To finally solve this problem I uploaded three new versions.

1.91 for users which are unable to solve the described problem regardless what solution they try. (You will miss all grill and third screen lightning effects.)

1.92 for users with 3 screen overlay dmd problems. Does it work? --> Your feedback is very much appreciated!

2.0 as version for future improvement room. If none does have problems with it, I think about how to restore the grill and 3 screen lightning effect also for this version.

Now it is up to you, your feedback is very much appreciated!

It is important for the future to solve this issue now!

#28 sax

sax

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

• Flag: Brazil

• Favorite Pinball: Rally

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:57 AM

This the best backglass that i ever seen, but unfortunatelly the problem with the three screens cabinet continues. I tried with the 1.92 and 2.0 versions, and both of them not work.

#29 bassgeige

bassgeige

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 409 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:22 AM

Thank you for the info. I have another idea. I am very confident, but no spare time for the next days.

#30 bassgeige

bassgeige

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 409 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:23 PM

1. I edited now two TOTAN dB2S the follwoing way. For the first test I set a default dmd position in the top left corner. (v1.93)
  2. The second test dB2S (is from my point of view very important.) In the past I used the copy dmd from backglass and thats why the dmd seems to be bound to the copy position above the backglass grill. This time I first moved it to the top left. Integrated afterwards a double grill size backglass and set afterwards the default dmd position in the area where no grill and also no backglass is. Afterwards I used the basic backglass together with the authentic grill. Now the position should be saved outside the backglass playfield and to be sure it receives the default position for the edit command in the editor named import the dmd, this step was also done afterwards. Now in theory there should be the default position from the other 3 screen dB2S reached. (v1.94)

I hope that the second variant (v1.94) finally solves the problem otherwise my ideas are for the moment exhausted.

I do not have a third screen monitor near me thats why I can not test it myself at the moment.

Edited by bassgeige, 22 August 2017 - 08:31 PM.

#31 bassgeige

bassgeige

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 409 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:56 PM

This the best backglass that i ever seen, but unfortunatelly the problem with the three screens cabinet continues. I tried with the 1.92 and 2.0 versions, and both of them not work.

Version 1.95 is uploaded and from Sax confirmed to be working. The third screen extension is based to his idea removed.

At the moment version 2.0 is in the upload process. Sax confirmed the working state before a minute too. :-)

Edited by bassgeige, 26 August 2017 - 04:17 PM.

#32 sax

sax

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

• Flag: Brazil

• Favorite Pinball: Rally

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:22 PM

Congratulations, Bassgeige. The  2.0 3rd screen is working perfectly in my cabinet. Very thank you for your job.

Sax.

#33 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

• Favorite Pinball: M M

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:55 PM

On my 3rd screen I show the DMD is there supposed to be something else because it has always shown the DMD

#34 bassgeige

bassgeige

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 409 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:05 PM

For the version 1.90 you have a separate DMD picture, it looks like a smaller grill derived from the two screen grill. The fantasy mode enables grill and three screen light animations. Natetaco mentioned in the past a problem for three screen users. The DMD was not stable visible and for each backglass start he had to bring it back to the foreground. I did one time a test with a spare monitor, but I can only remember from that test, that I was able to see the animations I had included in the dB2S and thought everything looks good. Wheras version 2.0 without the three screen fix does only have a static DMD image and no extra animation.

Edited by bassgeige, 26 August 2017 - 07:06 PM.

#35 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

• Favorite Pinball: M M

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:12 AM

I have a 3 screen setup

When I run the 1.9 in fantasy mode I nave no extra DMD picture. I move the DMD out of the way and there's nothing there..

-

The DMD was not stable visible and for each backglass start he had to bring it back to the foreground. --> I have this problem with Apollo 13 and The Addams Family

Edited by Outhere, 27 August 2017 - 12:41 AM.

#36 bassgeige

bassgeige

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 409 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:27 AM

You can do interesting animations with it, for example in CV I used the spare third screen for additional illumination. Natetaco mentioned in the past also a few other dB2S where the dmd was not always visible.

Maybe you can try the CV dB2S, it is proven to show the extra lighting infront of a black screen. I received feedback which lead to more inluded resolutions. There is somewhere a good tutorial which I also had to read to set up the third screen test myself. I think I also used a link in one of my own replies to describe what I did at the time. Unfortunately I can not find it at the moment.

The third screen is a very interesting feature and I alwas tried to include an ideal solution in the dB2S. Maybe there should be a global forum (or a tutorial with working and described examples) where three screen users can help each other and also list examples and the steps to use it problem free.

#37 Natetaco

Natetaco

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:37 AM

I've been busy with work, sorry to not get back to you, Bassgeige. Been out of the vpin forums for awhile, because I just don't have the time. I just got your message, and thought after reading, it would be better to answer it here. First, thank you for your hard work and dedication, your backglasses are just incredible. I don't have time to try out the new work around for totan, but I will as soon as I get a chance. I would like to say that Addams family, and Apollo 13 work perfectly for me on my homemade, 3 screen set up. When I get a chance, I'll try and post my settings in order to help you out, outhere. These two have worked for me from the very beginning, the only one I have had trouble with is totan, and one other that I cannot recall at this moment. I play Apollo 13 almost everytime I turn on the video pinball machine, and I cannot recall it ever hiding the dmd. Maybe it has to do with our setups, outhere, but obviously we have something setup different. I will try to help,if I can by posting what I am running, along with my settings. Thank you Bassgiege for all your hard work, my family and I really appreciate your contribution to our table. If you are looking to do another backglass, my wife loves attack from mars which she always plays first, then she plays one of my favorites, the walking dead (which has a very basic backglass). And my 4 year old daughter just loves ghostbusters, even has the wife playing it now, which is funny to me. If I get time this weekend I'll see if I can help you out, outhere. Take care guys, thanks.