edizzle

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Cyclone

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:37 PM

Hello VP community, I've made a decision to put table building on hold for now.  For me, there just isn't enough time in the day and I would like to focus on other things right now.  Perhaps I'll come back when I have some hardware that can allow me to play around in VP10.  I've really enjoyed this hobby and will continue to play other author's wonderful tables, and also watch the great advancements that the devs are making, and continue to make.  In the meantime, I have a handful of WIPs that I figured I should share with the community..no need for them to not be used in some form.  Feel free to play them as is, or continue working on them and releasing them complete.  Many of them are fully functional, but are missing artwork, or playfield objects, and will need tweaking, etc.  I'll try to list some of the major things that need to be done.  By the way, these are all PM5 tables.  I probably also forgot to enable the mechanical plunger on tables with plungers so please enable that if needed.  Additionally, I can't recall if I resized the playfield images to 1024 x 2048 on all of the tables so if you have any issues (ala the Maverick fiasco) please resize the images.  Without further adieu:

wip_bighurt.jpg

Gottlieb's Frank Thomas Big Hurt:

Forgot to mention, thanks to Bodydump for the great playfield image that he had already worked on the inserts!

Mostly playable.  Missing quite a bit of artwork and the current artwork could certainly use some updating.  The Apron, for example, I threw together really fast just to be a placeholder.  Backwall still looks like robocop also.

- Center Ramp:  I messed up the obj somehow so it looks all weird and its rotation is even more strange.  That will need to be redone, but it does animate, and the ramp does work (moves up and down) probably the height of the actual collidable ramp (Ramp22) will need to be adjusted appropriately to make the shot more realistic.

-Glove toy:  I didn't have a primitive for that and didn't know how to make one so I used a scoop primitive!  Haha.  Looks silly, but it works for testing.  It moves left and right as it should.  Probably will need some tweaking for that as well.  Also, there are two switches associated with the glove...one for a weak shot, and one that is for a stronger shot that moves the glove all the way back.  I did not know how to script it to account for the speed of the ball when it hits the glove.  I imagine you could since the XYdata is there, but currently, the glove will only trigger the first switch no matter how hard it is hit.

The skill shot Ramp:  That one actually works!  it took me a long time to figure out how to do it properly...ended up having to draw up a timing graph but it finally works...I think I tested it enough to verify it works as it should but no guarantees.

VUK:  did not animate the ball being shot up from the Bottom Right VUK, or use the KickZ property.

GI Relay:  did not get around to putting this in.

Notes:  Every so often, I seem to loose a ball in one or more of the kickers during multiball.  I haven't spent enough time to determine where or why it's happening, but it does occur.  Also, ball collision sounds only work sometimes.  the clearballid and createballid calls will need to be added appropriately.

Enjoy:

Big Hurt WIP

wip_lis.jpg

Next up is Lost In Space, by Sega.  I threw this together really fast so it's an even bigger mess!  But, I think all lights and switches are scripted.  I forgot to put in the tilt switches though.

Thanks to wtiger for the playfield image.  I started trying to sharpen portions of the playfield and redo some of the text.  If someone ends up taking this on an is interested in the photoshop file, let me know.

Spinner Magnet:  I didn't tweak it enough so when you get the multiball that sends all the balls to the spinner magnet while it starts to spin, the balls will start flying off prematurely.  It is a matter of finding the right balance of magnet strength and spinner speed.  Or, you could try setting the magnet property grabcenter from false to true...it might work, but maybe not look so natural?

I didn't play test this one much, but it seemed like there might be a multiball issue?  For example, when I start multiball and say, I loose two of the balls, but still have two left, I thought I got the dmd message to restart multiball.  That doesn't seem right.  I might have messed something up.

Artwork is missing lots of stuff.  The bumper images were just random space images I found online.  Not anything close to the real plastics.  And the toys are currently ramp images.  you can see the ship and robot were pretty quick and dirty jobs.  Ideally those could be primitives, but I don't think they move.  although one of the solenoid descriptions is robot shaker, so maybe he does move?

Other physics properties will need to be tweaked.  Missing lot of playfield objects and walls were just thrown around to make the table generally play.

Enjoy:

WIP Lost in Space

wip_robocop.jpg

I have mentioned Robocop before.  It's fully playable as it at the moment, however, I was hoping to get a very nice playfield image so I can properly place all the elements but I have not yet received that image.  so, things aren't quite in the proper place.  I think I left the playfield image from the current FS version, originally by JPSalas, for reference.  If this is not allowed, Please let me know and I will remove the images.  Also missing plastics and decals, etc.

Luckily, a few other authors let me know they are working on a VP10 version of Robocop, so this will serve as a stop gap until then.

Enjoy:

WIP Robocop

Just for fun, I plan on releasing TMNT and a PM5 update of SMBMW.  I'll do those through the proper venue:

wip_tmnt.jpg

smbmw.jpg

Well, it's been fun, and I have enjoyed it and met some really great and talented and helpful people.  In fact, I might formally ask if any of those said authors would be willing to pick these WIPs up.  I'll probably be back.  It's going to be hard to not want to build another table, but it would be best for now.  I'll still be around...downloading the latest and greatest.  I'm glad pinball is still alive...I do believe VP is helping the longevity of it, and not hurting.  Have fun everyone!

Edited by edizzle, 23 July 2015 - 02:15 PM.

#2 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

A Faint Ghost Through the Raindrops

• VIP
  • 3,334 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek, Black Hole, AFM, Fast Draw, Tron, AMH

• 360 Gamer Tag: sixgunsounddd

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:42 PM

Stop making tables?

I'm afraid I can't let you do that.

#3 gtxjoe

gtxjoe

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,060 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, AbraCadabra

Contributor

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:47 PM

He's not retiring.  He's just taking a sabbatical  :)

Can't wait to try TMNT, edizzle.  Thanks!

#4 dark

dark

3D model-man

• VIP
  • 1,936 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Star Wars, AbraCadaBra,MB, LAH,JPark...too many to choose!

Contributor

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:51 PM

Ah you'll be back! :P

I can relate:

It's summer time and time to get stuff done and get out and enjoy life a bit, as a result my VP hobby time productivity has gone way down, but that isn't to say it won't peak back up when I'm stuck inside all winter! :P

Best of luck

and kind regards

Dark/Eric

#5 BobAlbright

BobAlbright

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 2,294 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:47 PM

It's sad news to hear that any table builder is going to stop building. Hopefully someone picks up on the work you have started. Thank you for all your previous contributions. Hope to see you back on the scene soon

"and in the end , the love you take is equal to the love you make"

#6 dboyrecords

dboyrecords

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,023 posts

• Favorite Pinball: all of them! Bad Cats, Addams, really all!!!

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:55 PM

NNNNNOOOoooo!!!!!

#7 Pinhead45

Pinhead45

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:52 PM

Just for the record, I thought your tables were really good. I really enjoy Harley, Space Jam and Maverick and you're wip's look pretty good too. Sorry to see you go!! Thank you for what you contributed to this community!!

#8 paulohotline

paulohotline

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 62 posts

• Flag: Portugal

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek

• PS3 Gamer Tag: paulohotline
  • 360 Gamer Tag: paulohotline

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:13 PM

As a fan of your work I am sad to see you take a break, but I get it. Enjoy your time off and get some sun :)

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
http://www.pinballow...om/paulohotline
paulohotline___virtuapin.png

#9 ninuzzu

ninuzzu

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

• Flag: Italy

• Favorite Pinball: Tommy, BDK, Hook and many more....

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:00 PM

Very bad news! I hope you'll come back soon.

I really enjoy playing your tables

Videotutorials: plastic ramps in blender------>part1     part2

#10 bolt

bolt

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,030 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:07 PM

Wow, thank you for all the amazing WIP tables.

Posted Image

#11 Ben Logan

Ben Logan

Pinball Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: System 11

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:23 PM

Beautiful looking WIPs. Thanks for your contribution and enjoy your rest.
:)

#12 ziggystl

ziggystl

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

• Favorite Pinball: T2

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:48 AM

Thanks for the great tables.  

#13 ICPjuggla

ICPjuggla

Early Retirement

• VIP
  • 1,193 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Wars

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:07 AM

Enjoy the well deserved time off edizzle, I hope to see you back building tables some day in the future..

Best of luck with your other projects

-Brandon

cosmicgunfight-sig2.png breakshot-sig-small3.png atlantis-sig-small.png mousinaround-sig6.png hurricane-sig16.png sc-badge1.png lw-sig.png embryon-logo0.png icp-3.png apollo13_badge(1).png whirlwind_badge0.png playboy_badge0.png oxo1.png raven_logo.png rambo_logo4.png

#14 edizzle

edizzle

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Cyclone

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:14 PM

Ok, that didn't take long!

last update for a while!  I was playing Lost in Space (for fun, not with the intention to continue building) and I noticed some shots were not getting the results I would have expected.  Upon closer inspection, and after checking out a youtube video, I realized I missed a couple of key things.

The left orbit shot was missing switch 51 most of the time so it was difficult to get the letter "R" to spell ROBOT.

The robot shot to the right should not lead to the upper VUK.  There is actually a trough that leads to the lower VUK.

There is a trough switch for the trough that connects the upper playfield to the lower playfield VUK that I missed.

Added tilt switches

And then I found some incorrect lamp and flasher assignments and did a quick tweak of the spinner magnet...still not perfect but seemed to work a little better.

Oh yeah, and for anyone who is new to editing tables, if you're wondering why the ball seldom goes down the center drain, you will need to uncheck "collidable" for the wall I placed there for testing, or delete it.  Sure it makes for some great high scores...but where's the fun in that?

WIP Lost in Space

Ok, seriously, I'm stepping away from the editor.  If I don't stop, you will see me on a the next episode of intervention.

I will update the original link too so that people aren't grabbing the old version.

Edited by edizzle, 23 July 2015 - 02:33 PM.

#15 gigalula

gigalula

Hummmm not sure yet :)

• Platinum Supporter
  • 651 posts

• Favorite Pinball: All of them from 70' to now. Even more with VP and FP :)

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:43 PM

Take it easy and get some rest Edizzle... We prefer seeing you back later or sooner then seeing you on a burnout... An hobby must stay an hobby not a full time job otherwise there is no pleasure in this hobby... Thanks for your time and work for the VP scene, all your PM5 tables will stay part of my favorite list...

I whish you the best.

Regards

#16 The Loafer

The Loafer

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 3,468 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Superman, Firepower & Tron

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:48 PM

You are a great contributor, many thanks. I totally get what you are doing, it's not easy but it's important to take that break. Whether or not you come back, know that we really appreciate your many gifts.

#17 TT11

TT11

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Bally Kiss & Playboy, Stern Kiss & Playboy

• 360 Gamer Tag: PoundedElliepup

Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:51 AM

Would anyone be willing to share the WIP versions of 'Big Hurt' and 'Lost In Space' as edizzle's dropbox links are 404 errors nowadays....???

#18 randr

randr

I'm just a hardware guy so...

• VIP
  • 2,650 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:16 PM

I have big hurt wip I'll send it to you tonight

randr___pinball.png                         

#19 dark

dark

3D model-man

• VIP
  • 1,936 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Wars, AbraCadaBra,MB, LAH,JPark...too many to choose!

Contributor

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:21 PM

Would anyone be willing to share the WIP versions of 'Big Hurt' and 'Lost In Space' as edizzle's dropbox links are 404 errors nowadays....???

Try sending him a pm, he's still active just not as much these days.

#20 randr

randr

I'm just a hardware guy so...

• VIP
  • 2,650 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:14 AM

pm sent with wip link

randr___pinball.png                         

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lost in Space, Robocop, Big Hurt, TMNT