Photo

ICE COLD BEER 3.0 (for both regular and rotated monitors)

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#1 Shockman

Shockman

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,716 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:17 PM

ICE COLD BEER 3.0

Press Tab for options.

https://www.dropbox....er 3.0.exe?dl=0

untitled-2_t.jpg icbdtnb_t.jpg icb28options_t.jpg newkeymap_t.jpg

Rotated monitor

icb28fs_t.jpg icb28fsnb_t.jpg

Edited by Shockman, 27 May 2015 - 03:27 AM.

#2 zany

zany

3D Beer Drinker

• VIP
  • 1,644 posts

• Flag: Sweden

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:19 PM

Awesome Shockman! :D

#3 javier1515

javier1515

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 573 posts

• Flag: Argentina

• Favorite Pinball: The Addams Family, Hook

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:28 PM

Thanks man!

"Learning without thought is vain, thought without learning is dangerous." (Confucius)

"Aprender sin pensar es inútil, pensar sin aprender es peligroso". (Confucio)

Please, if you can help me with a small contribution to update my work team and continue to make more tables I will be eternally grateful.

#4 randr

randr

I'm just a hardware guy so...

• VIP
  • 2,650 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:36 PM

Very cool. Thank you shockman

randr___pinball.png                         

#5 Shadowsclassic

Shadowsclassic

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Elvira and the Party Monsters

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:03 PM

My whole family is hooked on this crazy game.  Thanks again Shockman for building and updating it! :dblthumb: :otvclap:

#6 vampirolatino2

vampirolatino2

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

• Flag: Spain

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:43 PM

Excellent job man!! Thanks a lot!

#7 32assassin

32assassin

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 853 posts

• Favorite Pinball: terminator 2

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:28 PM

thanks great improvement.

the only thing missing now is a video rotation option for a  vertical monitor.

My Files
http://www.vpforums....4de64a621eccd40
My Table List
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlaxLrXlPOU
See a table you like, help me complete it by finding the missing resources
https://www.dropbox....xTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

#8 fuzzel

fuzzel

spaghetti code

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: yes I have

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:59 PM

Really cool game. Thanks a lot! Can you add a preference menu or file where the user can define his own keys for moving the bar?

#9 Shockman

Shockman

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:53 AM

Rotation would not be an option, it would be a new version. Besides the graphics, all physics would have to be changed. Doesn't all GPUs have a rotate function?

I could make a key mapping routine, but I don't think there is any good key sets to use. I put such a routine in my Asteroids Plus Deluxe and Lunar Gravitar though. I did not understand the method, but the plagiarism worked. 

#10 Joe

Joe

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 2,337 posts

• Favorite Pinball: New Stern ones

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:23 AM

Cool!

#11 fuzzel

fuzzel

spaghetti code

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:45 AM

Rotation would not be an option, it would be a new version. Besides the graphics, all physics would have to be changed. Doesn't all GPUs have a rotate function?

I could make a key mapping routine, but I don't think there is any good key sets to use. I put such a routine in my Asteroids Plus Deluxe and Lunar Gravitar though. I did not understand the method, but the plagiarism worked. 

I have problems moving the bar because the z key is not under the a key on a German keyboard layout ;)

#12 Shockman

Shockman

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:27 PM

I'll work on that next. The games I mentioned that have it are among those that are not compatible with Windows 8, and I don't have decompiled versions anymore, but I'm confident I can do it again, but if not, what key is below the A key? The worse case scenario is that I make a German key set, which would take all of 15 seconds.  

Edit,

The Y key. I also learned yesterday that function I learned, to be able to use the tab key, is also capable of using right and left shift and ctrl keys separately. Would that be better? I am still going to attempt a routine to assign keys, but just in case.

The fact that the German keyboard layout is wrong, just kidding, different, demands a solution, but I recommend a dual stick for playing. Arcade controls, X-Arcade, dual stick gamepad, etc. 

Edited by Shockman, 05 April 2015 - 12:41 PM.

#13 xzotic

xzotic

Pinball Fan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 629 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: TOTAN

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:50 PM

Thanks Shockman this is great. Only problem is when running under wine (cross-over) for mac the music can be heard when you go to the [TAB] settings menu but no sounds occur within the gameplay itself? I have tried on two separate macs (a mac mini and macbook pro and tried both internal and external sound devices setup in wine settings with the same results).

Any idea why this may be? Sound is definitely working and configured in wine correctly otherwise I wouldn't hear the music when pressing the tab setup. Just can't hear anything in game!

Any ideas?

|

|

YouTube: www.spaciesarcade.com

#14 Shockman

Shockman

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 02:48 PM

No idea, sorry. All that I can tell you is you are hearing the only file in midi format, and no .wav files.

#15 fuzzel

fuzzel

spaghetti code

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

I'll work on that next. The games I mentioned that have it are among those that are not compatible with Windows 8, and I don't have decompiled versions anymore, but I'm confident I can do it again, but if not, what key is below the A key? The worse case scenario is that I make a German key set, which would take all of 15 seconds.  

Edit,
The Y key. I also learned yesterday that function I learned, to be able to use the tab key, is also capable of using right and left shift and ctrl keys separately. Would that be better? I am still going to attempt a routine to assign keys, but just in case.

The fact that the German keyboard layout is wrong, just kidding, different, demands a solution, but I recommend a dual stick for playing. Arcade controls, X-Arcade, dual stick gamepad, etc. 

:) Yes it's the Y key. As an alternative you could use left/right shift and control keys that would be easier to handle. But not only we Germans have a wrong keyboard layout other county's have it too like the French as an example ;)

#16 xzotic

xzotic

Pinball Fan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 629 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:53 PM

No idea, sorry. All that I can tell you is you are hearing the only file in midi format, and no .wav files.

Excellent thanks. That pointed me in the right direction. Ended up having to create a winxp bottle instead of a win7 bottle and needed to install Directx9 and the Directmusic plugin within the xp bottle.  Sounds are all working perfect now in the game. Funnily enough the midi music in the settings no longer plays! But that's no problem, it was the in-game sounds that were key of course. Hope this helps any other crossover mac users.

All working now. So I can now disguise my mac media server which is on all the time anyway as an ICB machine and it will still be serving all my iTunes content in the background! It also means I don't have to create another 'space' as I'll be converting this existing screen into the ICB Cab...Perfect. 

Thanks again, it's a great sim!

|

|

#17 Shockman

Shockman

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:47 AM

Glad to read that. I agree that the midi at the options menu is unimportant, 

Done,

- Fixed the glitches with the things happening during the bar reset.

- Added Y key. left and right shift and ctrl would not work and I haven't found a key mapping solution, but I am still looking.

- Drilled another hole in the playfield. For the ball feed. It's a wonder the ball was coming through without a hole.

- The bar keeps the ball feed open and it closes it too.

- A better 10th hole light show.

- Night/Day slider, actually cursor right and left available at game screen while game over. Playfield and bezel.

To do,

- Replace the graphics again. zany's bezel, and a playfield with working florescent light. 

- Ball, bar, and ball feed hooked into night/day slider.

- Further attempts at better physics with the ball at the end of a steep bar.

- Minor sound enhancements and very subtle ball rolling sound.

#18 xzotic

xzotic

Pinball Fan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 629 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:48 PM

shockman, would it be possible to add an option that doesn't show the front glass/Bezel and instead uses the whole screen just for the playfield? That would be a great option for a virtual cab which could use a real front glass/bezel in front of a large screen just showing the playfield.

Secondly, I notice the ball will skip a bit up and down on the bar if you roll it on a fast angle. Do you notice this or is it perfectly smooth on yours at any speed?

Finally, it looks as though the ball is 1 pixel above the bar and not actually on it. Not sure if this is the transparent texture on the base of the ball that shows through to the playfield behind. Minor observation.

Cheers.

|

|

#19 Shockman

Shockman

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:53 PM

That my be used three times. Ok. "Your wish is granted"

If I can improve the physics, which I revisit often, trust me, I will.

- The brightness function is done and includes all graphics. The value is saved to the .ini file. 

#20 Shockman

Shockman

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:32 PM

The bezel option is now in, but it doesn't do any good until the playfield graphic is colored in behind the bezel.