Photo
* * * * * 11 votes

VP10 table testing - available right here!

• Please log in to reply
2585 replies to this topic

#1701 BorgDog

BorgDog

We come in peace.. shoot to kill.. shoot to kill.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Alien Star, TNA

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:55 PM

Talking about physics issues..

I've been playing with Gemini this week-end, and tried to import the physics set from Tommy VPX.

Here is the results.

After that, I've tried Gemini once more with its original physics and could not reproduce the issue.

With VPX, I've found always found that the ball was reacting a bit weird when rolling next to wires (accelerating or slowing down too fast), and this video can maybe help to understand the problem... I have no idea if this is caused by my nudge device, or by a deeper problem with VPX, but I thought I should share and ask for your opinions.

I had not seen that on Gemini although that is similiar to the problem I've had occasionally on Space Walk.  The wire the is a primitive and generally I set those to toy and put a not-visible wall there to be the actual wall.  I just looked at that one and at least on the version I have on my computer which should be the last one I uploaded I evidently forgot to switch the primitive to toy so having both it and the wall have active physics may be causing that particular issue.

Which I guess brings up a question of is that the best way for me to set those up?  I know I could also simulate it pretty close using a wire ramp, just cant get the tight vertical bend in the wire.  Or would just having the primitive be OK, though I believe I've read having them have active physics causes lots of calculations.

Edit: Just checked all my wire primitives on that table and that was the only one I missed (must check other tables).  Changed that one, and re-uploaded the file, same link https://dl.dropboxus...tlieb 1977).zip

Edited by BorgDog, 25 August 2015 - 01:02 PM.

#1702 Pinball999

Pinball999

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: Star Wars

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:16 PM

Thanks for the feedback Borgdog, I'll change the primitive to toy and report if it happens again.

#1703 The Loafer

The Loafer

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 3,468 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Superman, Firepower & Tron

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:13 PM

Updated first post

#1704 zany

zany

3D Beer Drinker

• VIP
  • 1,644 posts

• Flag: Sweden

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:31 PM

complete code rebuild,  not sure if everything is up to VPX standards but everything seems to work.

Backglass reels are not active, 

attachicon.gifcountdown.PNG

https://mega.nz/#!ttFUhKYK!o1E5tJ-3xfkre1R_X33WDSYLTJXLHU4CQKVn1LrmHPY

I get an error on line 495 and 503. Something about that end of instruction is missing.

add this line

SetLocale (1033)

Thanx gigalula......now it works! :D

#1705 cjoli

cjoli

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

• Favorite Pinball: monster bash

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:48 PM

i apologize if this has been covered somewhere, i tried to do some searches for it in the forum but have not found anything. i finally installed VPX the other day and decided to start testing some tables in my cab, i have only tried a half dozen or so, some have worked fine but some have not, i get the same error in a couple of them...

"Line 1 - Object doesn't support this property or method: 'aFlip1.Speed'"

Two of the tables i know does this is Judge Dredd and Evel Knievel. I installed the latest version of VPX and also re-downloaded the VBS Scripts for the table dir and made sure everything was unblocked, i am sharing my ROM directory with VP9 but everything else is separate from VP9.

any help would be appreciated,

#1706 Kaan

Kaan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

• Flag: Turkey

• Favorite Pinball: medieval madness

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:06 PM

I think you are using vp9 tables with vpx, that doesn't work. You need to use vpx tables only.

#1707 cjoli

cjoli

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:11 PM

these are the VPX tables i have downloaded from this thread.

#1708 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

A Faint Ghost Through the Raindrops

• VIP
  • 3,334 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek, Black Hole, AFM, Fast Draw, Tron, AMH

• 360 Gamer Tag: sixgunsounddd

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:26 PM

You did not install the vbs files included with the VP10 beta release, you must install these otherwise you get the aFlip stuff you mentioned

#1709 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

• Favorite Pinball: M M

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:49 PM

Downloaded the VP10 and unzipped it and copied the 9 files into the visual pinball folder and than put the script (53 VBS) files into the scripts or tables folder depending on which one you use?

JP's great explanation

http://www.vpforums....=90#entry306472

Edited by Outhere, 08 February 2016 - 04:49 PM.

#1710 cjoli

cjoli

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:08 PM

Ah, i see the error of my ways, thank you guys, i don't know why i didn't notice the VB.zip!

#1711 jawdax

jawdax

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

• Flag: Argentina

• Favorite Pinball: Addams family, T2, Fish tales, Bride of pinbot, Black Rose

• PS3 Gamer Tag: Jawdax

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:56 AM

Talking about physics issues..
I've been playing with Gemini this week-end, and tried to import the physics set from Tommy VPX.

Here is the results.

After that, I've tried Gemini once more with its original physics and could not reproduce the issue.
With VPX, I've found always found that the ball was reacting a bit weird when rolling next to wires (accelerating or slowing down too fast), and this video can maybe help to understand the problem... I have no idea if this is caused by my nudge device, or by a deeper problem with VPX, but I thought I should share and ask for your opinions.

I had not seen that on Gemini although that is similiar to the problem I've had occasionally on Space Walk.  The wire the is a primitive and generally I set those to toy and put a not-visible wall there to be the actual wall.  I just looked at that one and at least on the version I have on my computer which should be the last one I uploaded I evidently forgot to switch the primitive to toy so having both it and the wall have active physics may be causing that particular issue.

Which I guess brings up a question of is that the best way for me to set those up?  I know I could also simulate it pretty close using a wire ramp, just cant get the tight vertical bend in the wire.  Or would just having the primitive be OK, though I believe I've read having them have active physics causes lots of calculations.

Edit: Just checked all my wire primitives on that table and that was the only one I missed (must check other tables).  Changed that one, and re-uploaded the file, same link https://dl.dropboxus...tlieb 1977).zip
I had the same problem on the same side, and resolved to push tilt. Ball went on. just happened to me in this table

#1712 Dozer316

Dozer316

Dozer

• VIP
  • 669 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:51 PM

Judge Dredd VP10

Found a show stopper in the last v3 update  -  a vital ramp was marked non collidable for some weird reason and a wall prevented a ball

from passing by the air raid ramp.

This should be the last update for the foreseeable future - Version 4.

https://mega.nz/#!KU...soSpZWzqkWF3ux8

#1713 Talantyyr

Talantyyr

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

• Flag: Austria

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:26 PM

Just wanted to announce that my buddy ICPjuggla and myself are working on a new VP10 table. The table itself is almost complete, so we thought it's about time to show you a little teaser ;)

It's Robocop from DataEast! This table truly deserved some love, so we rebuilt it from scratch, every single piece of art redrawn with love ;) We tried to focus on quality and and make the table as close to the real one as possible. 

There's no WIP table yet as we still have to script the table, we hope that a well known, awesome table builder joins us for this task.

Just got the word that Dozer316 joins us and scripts the table! Awesome!

Also the ED-209 3D Model and the primitiv ramps are still missing, but we already contacted a renowned, fabulous 3D artist and asked him to lend us a helping hand. 

Edit: Used a different image uploader which allows uncompressed images.

F10Ztc.png

X2AXaV.png

Edited by Talantyyr, 26 August 2015 - 06:52 PM.

Check out my cabinet build log: http://virtual-pinball.blogspot.co.at/

#1714 hauntfreaks

hauntfreaks

Real 4K Tables Since 2013

• VIP
  • 2,515 posts

• Favorite Pinball: -<3<3<3 All Real Pins

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:49 PM

Just wanted to announce that my buddy ICPjuggla and myself are working on a new VP10 table. The table itself is almost complete, so we thought it's about time to show you a little teaser ;)

It's Robocop from DataEast! This table truly deserved some love, so we rebuilt it from scratch, every single piece of art redrawn with love ;) We tried to focus on quality and and make the table as close to the real one as possible. 

There's no WIP table yet as we still have to script the table, we hope that a well known, awesome table builder joins us for this task.

Also the ED-209 3D Model and the primitiv ramps are still missing, but we already contacted a renowned, fabulous 3D artist and asked him to lend us a helping hand. 

Edit: Used a different image uploader which allows uncompressed images.

F10Ztc.png

X2AXaV.png

HOLY ULTRA CLEAN build batman!!..... thats what i'm talkin' about!!

26794541816_30ca1cca80_o.gif 43109635392_fc11af1a57_o.gif

#1715 bolt

bolt

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,031 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:12 PM

Your Robocop looks beautiful

Posted Image

#1716 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,006 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family, All Williams 90's Games

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:49 PM

Gemini Link is dead.   RoboCop looks so sharp and was a table that was indeed needing an update, thanks

Edited by Slydog43, 26 August 2015 - 07:55 PM.

#1717 blashyrk

blashyrk

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars, Medieval Madness, White Water

• PS3 Gamer Tag: Blashyrk

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:46 PM

Wow Robocop looks incredible :)

#1718 hauntfreaks

hauntfreaks

• VIP
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:48 PM

It's Robocop from DataEast! This table truly deserved some love, so we rebuilt it from scratch, every single piece of art redrawn with love  ;) We tried to focus on quality

^^^ this line puts it all in perspective ^^^^  and hopefully setting a new bar... awesome guys, just awesome!!

Edited by hauntfreaks, 26 August 2015 - 09:49 PM.

#1719 gigalula

gigalula

Hummmm not sure yet :)

• Platinum Supporter
  • 651 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: All of them from 70' to now. Even more with VP and FP :)

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:00 PM

Thanks that's one of the table I was hoping to see a face lift ;)

#1720 hauntfreaks

hauntfreaks

• VIP
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:30 AM

Judge Dredd VP10

Found a show stopper in the last v3 update  -  a vital ramp was marked non collidable for some weird reason and a wall prevented a ball

from passing by the air raid ramp.

This should be the last update for the foreseeable future - Version 4.

https://mega.nz/#!KU...soSpZWzqkWF3ux8

I thought i would update the DeadWorld disc with a new graphic... this was the outcome, I wish I would get a bit more transparency... the background only is only 10% opaque... the close up is just the PF thrown behind the texture..... Dozer if you're interested in this let me know....

20919618411_975e0d01f7_z.jpg 20884974366_24099b22b4_b.jpg