dyopp21

Pinball Badass

• Platinum Supporter
  • 503 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Firepower

• PS3 Gamer Tag: dyopp21

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:34 PM

Just an LCD for now. I have been working directly with Zen on this for a few months. They have one of my cabs on location for testing. When you play a multi-player game it needs different colors for the DMD so they wanted it to stay true to their style. You can always position it on the backbox though.

if you are working wit them, maybe you can give us some inside information.

are they gonna fix or give us more camera angles for cabinet? this can´t be hard.

current ones just look too flat. and anny zooming or panning should be disabled.

is there a support for real dmd planned? that it won´t be their oroginal color for all tbles can´t be the reason not to support it - I hope.

thanks for any hints.

Zen is very interested in continuing support for our cabs. We are giving them info about Forced Feedback options, Animated Backglass, PinDMD2 support and many other cool things. As they play this on their demo cabinet I'm sure they will work on adding better angles and such.

Please remember though that Zen is an amazing company that produces some of the best virtual tables on the market. Supporting our cabinets is a very small market for them right now and I am just blown away that they would even take the time to add the DMD support for us. Just be patient and watch what great things come from PFX2 in 2014 & 2015. For now just enjoy playing some pinball today!!!

So do you think they are going to consider incorporating our analogue plungers and support for nudge? (I assume that's what you meant by "force feedback," but wasn't sure).  

Exciting news nonetheless!

Virtual Pinball: see one, do one, TEACH ONE.

2qszd43.png

#22 DJRobX

DJRobX

Pinball Fan

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

• Favorite Pinball: F14 Tomcat

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

Nice. Is that the vpcabs shop Cabinet

Actually UW this is your cabinet!! Should have it wrapped up by the end of next week.

Looks very familiar.  :)    VPCab Mini looks even better in person, you're going to love it.

#23 Shakenbake

Shakenbake

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

Just an LCD for now. I have been working directly with Zen on this for a few months. They have one of my cabs on location for testing. When you play a multi-player game it needs different colors for the DMD so they wanted it to stay true to their style. You can always position it on the backbox though.

if you are working wit them, maybe you can give us some inside information.

are they gonna fix or give us more camera angles for cabinet? this can´t be hard.

current ones just look too flat. and anny zooming or panning should be disabled.

is there a support for real dmd planned? that it won´t be their oroginal color for all tbles can´t be the reason not to support it - I hope.

thanks for any hints.

Zen is very interested in continuing support for our cabs. We are giving them info about Forced Feedback options, Animated Backglass, PinDMD2 support and many other cool things. As they play this on their demo cabinet I'm sure they will work on adding better angles and such.

Please remember though that Zen is an amazing company that produces some of the best virtual tables on the market. Supporting our cabinets is a very small market for them right now and I am just blown away that they would even take the time to add the DMD support for us. Just be patient and watch what great things come from PFX2 in 2014 & 2015. For now just enjoy playing some pinball today!!!

So do you think they are going to consider incorporating our analogue plungers and support for nudge? (I assume that's what you meant by "force feedback," but wasn't sure).  

Exciting news nonetheless!

I was more referring to contactors, RGB LED's and a shaker motor.

Analog nudging and plunger can be had right now using the X360ce application

#24 mpad

mpad

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: AFM, TOM; Timeshock (!), Secrets of the Deep (fx2)

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:05 PM

Thanks. I know that zen do an amazing job with their tables and that they care about every nitty picky detail.
Thats why I m so surprised that they are not seeing that their cameras are way off in portrait mode.
From my understanding changing a camera angle is not that big a deal.

#25 Zeiram

Zeiram

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Creature From the Black Lagoon

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:16 AM

Got this set up on my cab.  I suspect some clever soul will figure out how to reroute the contents of that window to a PinDMD2 at some point, but for now this is awesome.  Oh, and the update also has four new Star Wars tables listed as coming soon. :)

#26 outcida

outcida

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Jurassic Park

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:51 AM

Where are you guys finding the option to turn the DMD position off? I see where you can change the DotMatrix size from Small, Middle, Large, and Off. Is this the place you turn it off? On DotMatrix Position it only gives the usual Top left, Top Middle...etc. I can't turn the position off.

Edited by outcida, 30 March 2014 - 01:51 AM.

#27 LoadedWeapon

LoadedWeapon

The Night Owl..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek TNG

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:18 AM

Yes just turn off on the size... If you look in your pinball FX2 folder you will see a CFG file in there called PLLog just copy it and rename it dotmatrix then open it with notepad and erase whats in it and if you have 3 screen setup try copy these settings into it.. the dmd wont show up till you play a game..
x = 3830
y = 305
height = 260
width = 1030

Edited by LoadedWeapon, 30 March 2014 - 02:19 AM.

#28 fuzzel

fuzzel

spaghetti code

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: yes I have

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

Can someone post his settings for a two screen setup please? I've tried some values but I don't see the dmd on the second screen. I switched dmd off as suggested in post #1.

#29 Shredhed

Shredhed

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 62 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Taxi

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

Can someone post his settings for a two screen setup please? I've tried some values but I don't see the dmd on the second screen. I switched dmd off as suggested in post #1.

i have 2 screen cab these work for me:

x = 2435

y = 775

height = 200

width = 930

next for me is trying to figure out how to remove window title, buttons, etc...

#30 outcida

outcida

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:46 PM

Thanks Loadedweapon. that makes more sense. However, still no luck seeing the DMD. I have a 3 screen setup with a new steam installation. I can set dot-matrix size to off and followed the above instructions exactly but never see the DMD anywhere. I've tried all different x and y variables and even tried making the DMD 4000x8000 just to see if I could see it somewhere. No luck. Is there anything special that needs to be done on a new installation that I might be missing?

Thanks

#31 dyopp21

dyopp21

Pinball Badass

• Platinum Supporter
  • 503 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Firepower

• PS3 Gamer Tag: dyopp21

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

Thanks Loadedweapon. that makes more sense. However, still no luck seeing the DMD. I have a 3 screen setup with a new steam installation. I can set dot-matrix size to off and followed the above instructions exactly but never see the DMD anywhere. I've tried all different x and y variables and even tried making the DMD 4000x8000 just to see if I could see it somewhere. No luck. Is there anything special that needs to be done on a new installation that I might be missing?

Thanks

Did you remember to change the .txt file to a .cfg file?  I know that is a simple one, but it's the simple ones I always seem to overlook.

On my two monitor setup mine are:

x-2400

y-350

That show up near the middle of monitor 2.

Virtual Pinball: see one, do one, TEACH ONE.

2qszd43.png

#32 outcida

outcida

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

Yea I just copied the PLLog.cfg and renamed it and changed the text in notepad. It says it's a .cfg in windows explorer.

#33 Roo

Roo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Pinball FX 2

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

Of course this update hits just after the SSD in my cabinet failed!

I really hope they do end up supporting real DMDs.  I don't really buy the color argument.  I'd gladly give up color to get it in the proper location on my cab (as opposed to higher up on the backglass) on an authentic looking real DMD.  After all, they're emulating real DMDs in the game.  It wouldn't make sense to try and display something else that was full-color video on a real DMD, but these are virtual DMDs anyway.

I think part of proper cabinet support is trying to support the different configurations/builds people have, or at least the common ones. 2-screen, 3-screen and 2-screen + DMD seem to be the most common.

But regardless I'll be happy to finally move the virtual DMD off the playfield once I get my cab running again!

If they do ever add support for shaker motors I will definitely look to get one.  They were surprisingly cool in the real life tables I tried that had them.

#34 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,006 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family, All Williams 90's Games

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:58 PM

wow, great job Zen, much better now that its a little more like real pinball.  I have a PinDMD2, but these settings at least show the dmd on the 2nd windows

x=2420

y=830

height=220

width=960

still trying to get windows borders turned off

I will always buy all the Zen Pinball FX2 tables because of this support, Thanks

Edited by Slydog43, 30 March 2014 - 11:00 PM.

#35 LoadedWeapon

LoadedWeapon

The Night Owl..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek TNG

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:04 AM

weird thats really all you need to do.... you did update your FX2 in steam right?

Thanks

#36 insx

insx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: Revenge From Mars

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:12 PM

Analog nudging and plunger can be had right now using the X360ce application

I need to check this out, I only have my controller mapped to the nudge keys at the moment.

I understand that can be achieved with Actual Tools Window Manager but I would like to know if there is a way to do it for free.

#37 Pinball999

Pinball999

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: Star Wars

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:04 AM

wow, great job Zen, much better now that its a little more like real pinball.  I have a PinDMD2, but these settings at least show the dmd on the 2nd windows

x=2420

y=830

height=220

width=960

I will always buy all the Zen Pinball FX2 tables because of this support, Thanks

Your settings work perfectly on my 3 screens setup. Thanks a lot.

It's really amazing how moving the DMD can change the experience!

Looking forward to a better cab support from Zen, but we are getting close to it.

#38 BigBoss

BigBoss

Pinball Fan

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Attack From Mars, Metallica, Theatre Of Magic, Shadow, Star Trek

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:38 AM

I wrote a quick little program to help with positioning your DMD. You can download it here: http://pinballbulbs....x2dotmatrix.zip

Simply run this, move the window into position, size the window as you want it, click "refresh" to update the position controls, then hit save. If you need to rerun it again, just use open to locate the file and open it again. By default this opens/saves to the default steam directory. If you store your files elsewhere you'll need to browse to that directory (where pinball fx2.exe is located). This will create the dotmatrix.cfg file if it does not exist.

#39 Shakenbake

Shakenbake

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:23 AM

Excellent. Thanks Boss!!

#40 Andurian

Andurian

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:57 PM

I couldn't get AHK to remove the borders and title bar, but Actual Window Manager does it with no problem at all.

Start Pinball FX2.  Control-Alt-Delete out of it, start the task manager then just close the task manager leaving Pinball FX2 running in the background.  Start Actual Window Manager Config.  Add a Window Rule by right-clicking and selecting that from the menu.  Click on "Target Window" at the top and then "Select Window From List."  Then click on "Startup" at the top, scroll down to the Options section and click the checkbox next to "Change standard window parts".  Change the pulldown menus for everything to "remove."  Apply your settings.  Go back to Pinball FX2, exit out of it.  Now when you run Pinball FX2, your dot matrix window won't have a title bar or borders.