mukuste

Pinball Fan

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Centaur

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:07 AM

The official VP 9.9.0 has been released in the meanwhile! Go download that instead:

http://www.vpforums....showtopic=26226

-------

Release candidate 1 for VP 9.9.0: Attached File  VPinball990-RC1.zip   681.55KB   330 downloads (rev1021)
Try the frame limiter, e.g. at 120 fps, for smoother gameplay!

Table compatibility spreadsheet (thanks to gtxjoe): https://docs.google....EPwri8/viewform

I've ticked off the last few todo list items. This is now a release candidate for VP 9.9.0. No new features or major changes beyond this point! People are holding back table releases waiting for the official DX9 version, it's really high time we get this out of the door.

Unless significant problems are found, I vote for making this release the official VP 9.9.0 executable after a testing period of a couple of days.

Changes since Test15:

• tweaked "ball in kicker" code a bit to get less ball slicing
  • fixed crash with blinking light controlled by light sequencer (Wrath of Olympus)
  • disabled MSAA
  • improved GUI for frame limiter a tiny bit
  • added a checkbox for Software Vertex Processing (fixes black playfield on some Intel chipsets)
  • fixed bug with some settings not getting saved properly when using "Set as Default" (thanks kiwi)
  • new script functions to query VP major version, minor version, and revision

Known specific table issues:

https://docs.google....p=sharing#gid=0

Happy testing!

Edited by mukuste, 01 May 2014 - 06:37 AM.

#1943 blashyrk

blashyrk

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars, Medieval Madness, White Water

• PS3 Gamer Tag: Blashyrk

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:21 AM

This is great news :) thank you very much for all your hard work, I'm amazed how quick you guys are releasing new versions.
Really looking forward to see what you can do with vp10 :)

#1944 JMG

JMG

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 66 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Getaway 2, Roadshow, Whitewater, Medieval Madness

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:49 AM

great news! truly amazing work you guys accomplish here, i'm stunned. thank you very much :)

#1945 mukuste

mukuste

Pinball Fan

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:07 AM

I forgot to mention one change: the bug with "Set as Default" reported by kiwi is fixed too.

#1946 garath

garath

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: MM

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

Thank you very much ! Let's go testing now !

#1947 boiydiego

boiydiego

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

• Flag: Belgium

• Favorite Pinball: flinstones,t2 chrome edition,wcs,afm,fish tales,medieval,rollercoaster tycoon,taxi

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:50 AM

can you look into the wcs94 the stutter problem vp9.2.1 doesnt have the problem muskuste tested with test15a !? also the flinstones daytime version if ball goes in spinner ball is cut 3/4 dont see it in the list of problems of dx9 , also the flinstones dayversion the ball is super super fast thru the rails  can there be something changed to slow the ball down in the rails?

Edited by boiydiego, 26 April 2014 - 11:13 AM.

boiydiego___gebruik-n2kbkyc.png

#1948 Pinball999

Pinball999

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Wars

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

Hi all,

I've just fired the new version with Elvira and the Party Monsters, and noticed that the boogie men are not displayed anymore (same with test15a).

It seems that the problem was reported a long time ago in this thread, but I could not find any answer to it.

Do you guys know if there is way to correct the problem in the table?

#1949 sigma415

sigma415

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 48 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:28 AM

Great, thanks a lot for the RC1 :otvclap:

is there already a solution for lower part of playfield getting black after some seconds in Hook table ? (already mentioned earlier in this thread)

Using Win7 x64, VP 9.9.1 & VP Physmod5 & VP10, unified PinMAME 2.23, PinballX 2.12, PinDMD V2 (Real DMD), I-PAC2 button controller, Ledwiz with DOF R2, Nanotech Plunger

Like to create Real DMD Videos for PinballX: Tommy The Pinball Wizard (Data East 1994).gif

#1950 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

• Flag: Austria

• Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:39 AM

Maybe I missed this but I can not see the kicker arm. The ball is hit by the kicker but it can not be seen. Or is there anything to add to see it?

#1951 garath

garath

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

• Favorite Pinball: MM

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

Great, thanks a lot for the RC1 :otvclap:

is there already a solution for lower part of playfield getting black after some seconds in Hook table ? (already mentioned earlier in this thread)

I have a solution : 

in the script, locate the line where there are "GiB1", "GiB2", "GiB3", "GiB4" and delete these values (do not delete the line).

The lower part will not be black any more, tell me if it's work.

#1952 bha19

bha19

Pinball Fan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 1,209 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Theatre Of Magic

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

I still need help

I have Windows 8.1 x64

1) I have tried test 14, test 15 and RC1 and still get error line 188 object not supported on Popeye. What am I doing wrong?

2) Just for fun I tried a different table in RC1 and it worked but came up in a window and not full screen so where is the check box to make it full screen like in other versions of VP?

#1953 gtxjoe

gtxjoe

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,058 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, AbraCadabra

Contributor

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:28 PM

Elvira and the Party Monsters

Fix for the boogie men is in the spreadsheet row 37

https://docs.google....p=sharing#gid=0

Great, thanks a lot for the RC1  :otvclap:

I have a solution : 

in the script, locate the line where there are "GiB1", "GiB2", "GiB3", "GiB4" and delete these values (do not delete the line).

The lower part will not be black any more, tell me if it's work.

Worked for me.  

These lights, GIB1-4 toggle between the playfield_off image and the color black (which was used to redraw the screen).  By modifying the script, GIB1-4 stay set to playfield _off which I believe is fine.  The black color to redraw is not needed with VP9.9

I will add it to the DX9 compatibility spreadsheet.

Edited by gtxjoe, 26 April 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#1954 Pinball999

Pinball999

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Wars

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:30 PM

Thx gtxjoe,I should have checked the bug report.
Cheers!

#1955 Blackmoor

Blackmoor

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 72 posts

• Favorite Pinball: F-14 Tomcat

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

It looks like there may be an issue in the version of Attack From Mars by Megapin: Attack From Mars V3.3 (Megapin) FS 3.3.0.

The LEDs on the smaller saucers appear to be rendering in the wrong order.

The filename is Attack From Mars - Megapin - V3.3 - VP9_FS 

I've noticed it with all versions of the DX9 test released so far.

#1956 mukuste

mukuste

Pinball Fan

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:53 PM

can you look into the wcs94 the stutter problem vp9.2.1 doesnt have the problem muskuste tested with test15a !? also the flinstones daytime version if ball goes in spinner ball is cut 3/4 dont see it in the list of problems of dx9 , also the flinstones dayversion the ball is super super fast thru the rails  can there be something changed to slow the ball down in the rails?

The stutter seems to be machine-specific, some people have it, some don't, so there's not really much I can do to debug it. Unless someone finds out what specific element of the table causes it, I don't have any clues to go on. Or it might simply be too demanding for your hardware. All I can tell you is to try different settings for the FPS limiter and the "Maximum prerendered frames" settings and see if something changes. Have you checked the max/avg frame times yet?

The physics aren't changed in this DX9 version relative to 9.2.1, so the fast ball should have nothing to do with this build.

Maybe I missed this but I can not see the kicker arm. The ball is hit by the kicker but it can not be seen. Or is there anything to add to see it?

There is no kicker arm by default in VP. If any table has one, then it's created manually for that table.

I still need help

I have Windows 8.1 x64

1) I have tried test 14, test 15 and RC1 and still get error line 188 object not supported on Popeye. What am I doing wrong?

2) Just for fun I tried a different table in RC1 and it worked but came up in a window and not full screen so where is the check box to make it full screen like in other versions of VP?

1) I tried version 1.2 by mfuegemann, worked fine.

2) Check list of screen modes, bottom.

It looks like there may be an issue in the version of Attack From Mars by Megapin: Attack From Mars V3.3 (Megapin) FS 3.3.0.

The LEDs on the smaller saucers appear to be rendering in the wrong order.

The filename is Attack From Mars - Megapin - V3.3 - VP9_FS 

I've noticed it with all versions of the DX9 test released so far.

Presumably fixable by playing with the depth bias.

#1957 bolt

bolt

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,026 posts

• Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

Thank you so much for all your hard work mukuste.

Posted Image

#1958 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

• Flag: Austria

• Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:38 PM

There is no kicker arm by default in VP. If any table has one, then it's created manually for that table.

Maybe there should be one included by default? I think this is an essential mechanical part which should be visible!

#1959 mukuste

mukuste

Pinball Fan

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:43 PM

This is a compatibility release, sorry, no new features. This would be a good fit for the VP10 ideas thread though.

Edited by mukuste, 26 April 2014 - 06:45 PM.

#1960 kiwi

kiwi

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 2,501 posts

• Flag: Italy

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek 25th Anniversary

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

The stutter in my PC seems to depend on the speed of the ball, I did a bit of billions (score) with WCS94 without stutter, the ball goes fast in this table.
Then, I tried my table with the ball goes more slowly, and it seems that the ball when it reaches a certain speed, there is a moment that the ball stutter, I can see that when the ball goes straight to the flippers.

Max