gauntletlover

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: medieval madness

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:21 AM

@clarkkent , just tried mm gold and its working fine on my systems. can you take a screen shot of your fp settings so I can test them. I'm guessing you haven't modified the table?

#142 gogo69

gogo69

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

• Flag: Austria

• Favorite Pinball: hard to tell

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

all file on overwrite

no check on "disable GLSL Shaders"

i play Pirates Of the Caribbean GOLD 1.09

----------------------------------------------------------

edit: OMG WTH !!!!! now it works ! sometimes i think PCs try to mess around with me ! i swear it did not work last time i checked !

I am sorry !

thanks for all your hard work at this Project !

It is really too cool to have a DMD on third screen with FP !

thanks so much !

Edited by gogo69, 20 July 2013 - 03:17 PM.

my cab : click!

#143 gauntletlover

gauntletlover

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

no problem gogo, my computers mess with me all the time too  :)

I'm glad to hear it is working.

#144 zen74

zen74

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Attack From Mars

• PS3 Gamer Tag: zenx74
  • 360 Gamer Tag: zen74

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:36 PM

Fantastic work...  :)    I have the DMD running smoothly here, but having trouble getting both the DMD and LEDwiz to work together.  DMD runs great with the OpenGL32.dll in the FutureDMD package, but no LEDwiz activity.  LEDwiz runs great with the OpenGL32.dll from the "Ledwiz" dir in the latest FP-Intercept package, but no DMD (of course).  Seeing this on both the Apollo 13 and TAF tables. I'm using the latest LedWIZ_Class.vbs script as per tutorial on another site and not from the FutureDMD package (get meditation errors w/ the packaged script). 

Anyone able to get FutureDMD + LEDwiz running together?

Thanks,

Rob

#145 gauntletlover

gauntletlover

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:53 AM

Hi Zen (Rob), I just put up version 1.2, give that a try using the opengl32.dll in the ledwiz-scripts folder. Let me know how it goes. I forgot to enable a section of code when I built the 1.1 release. I am trying to maintain support for ledwiz but don't currently have one in my system which isn't exactly ideal for testing and catching things like this  :)

I will be installing one soon though.

Chris

#146 zen74

zen74

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Attack From Mars

• PS3 Gamer Tag: zenx74
  • 360 Gamer Tag: zen74

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:55 AM

Yep, that was it.  Both ledwiz + dmd are up and running now. Thanks for the quick fix.  :)

#147 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

Here is the pic with my settings, gauntletlover. At the moment I only noticed the problem with the card game at the end of a game in MM Gold 1.04 from slamt1lt.

Attached Files

• Attached File  Foto.JPG   66.72KB   12 downloads

#148 gauntletlover

gauntletlover

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

Thanks ClarkKent, I recreated it. To fix it I had to edit the table, go to :

Table > Texture Manager

Find the playing cards graphics name DMD_10H to DMD_QH2. You need to disable the special flag "Allow runtime texture (ST3C) Compression" on all 52 cards. Then in your main settings disable compression as well. That should fix it up. I only tested it on one PC so let me know if that does the trick.

No problem zen, thanks for led wiz testing for me  ;)

Edited by gauntletlover, 22 July 2013 - 06:14 PM.

#149 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

Thanx for the info! I'll try that as soon as possible!

#150 Rincewind

Rincewind

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

• Flag: Bosnia

• Favorite Pinball: Tales of the Arabian Nights, Dirty Harry, Junk Yard

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

Just tried it ... awesome! Finally FP has its place in my cab ;) Thank you for this sweet little program!

#151 Wm29671

Wm29671

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 98 posts
  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Ok, what am I doing wrong here. I can't get this to work for me. I can set up the DMD and resize it, and it will stay resized. I can get the program to open with Windows and open it manually. However, everytime I start a FP table that has a DMD it shuts the Future DMD window down (or causes it to blank) and I get no DMD info on it. When I exit out of the table it pops back up. Starting a table causes it to blank or black out on every table I try?? Sorry if I'm missing the obvious, but I'm stuck on what to try next.

#152 gauntletlover

gauntletlover

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

Hey Wm2. are you using it on a 3rd monitor or adding it to your backbox? It sounds like it is losing focus when FP starts and not closing. It is really designed to be put on a third monitor where nothing can cover it up. Any other details you can think of let me know and I can try to troubleshoot it with you.

#153 graf

graf

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: terminator 2

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

this is MAD. just wanted to know I still need to download 

VPinMAME - Cabinet Build 2.5.0 and VP Fonts

aswell for this to work with FP ?

#154 gauntletlover

gauntletlover

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

FutureDMD is its own application. You only need to run FutureDMD and Future Pinball to get it to work once you have set it up. Read the readme.txt once you download. It should answer any questions you have about set up.

#155 Wm29671

Wm29671

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

Sorry for the delay in responding. I am running three monitors. I use HP for my frontend, but I have not been trying to get your program to run in HP. I've been testing it outside of HP straight from the FP folder.

Basically no matter what I try once FP starts loading it kills the DMD program on the third monitor. Once I shut down FP it comes back (or becomes visible again). I am running WinXP SP3 and am running my playfield and backglass on one graphics card and my DMD on a card by itself. Let me know what might help you narrow things down and I'll provide the answers if I can.

Thanks for the reply.

Hey Wm2. are you using it on a 3rd monitor or adding it to your backbox? It sounds like it is losing focus when FP starts and not closing. It is really designed to be put on a third monitor where nothing can cover it up. Any other details you can think of let me know and I can try to troubleshoot it with you.

#156 graf

graf

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

Edited by graf, 30 July 2013 - 09:13 AM.

#157 graf

graf

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:40 AM

hi guys,

my third monitor is a 7" usb monitor 800*480.  Will it work with it ?  I complied the apk for hyperpin and added the extra lines that was stated in the readme file.  when i run the futuredmd i resize it to fit the 7" screen.  then i try and play he-man via hyperpin.  it starts to do something then i hear the windows ding, it then goes back to the Hyperpin table selection screen.

#158 gauntletlover

gauntletlover

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

@Wm2,

No problem, I am on vacation so there may be delays in my responses as well. What table are you testing with and have you tested other tables as well? Did you make sure the table you are running has only one 128x32 display? If it has two you need to resize one of them so the dmd doesn't get confused on which output it see's.

I'm sorry but I am a little confused on what is happening so if you can try this for me,  it will give me a good place to start troubleshooting.

-Turn off all programs including hyperpin so you are at your desktop. Make sure you turn off anything starting in your windows start up folder.

-make sure all files from the futuredmd download are in you future pinball folder.

-double click futureDMD.exe

-size it in your third window

- let me know if you can see the pixels in the off state faintly in the dmd window.

-start Future Pinball

-load a table that has a single 128x32 display

-run the table

What do you see in the third window? Is it completely empty? Can you see the faint grid display of the turned off dmd pixels?

Now close future pinball and tell me what is happening in the third window again?

Thanks.

@graf

Hi graf, It should work on any monitor but I don't have a USB one to test. I have heard of people having trouble re-sizing on resolutions smaller than 1024x768 but if you got past that ok then there shouldn't be any issues. If you are hearing a ding, it sounds like windows may be trying to pop up an error. Have you tried running it outside of hyperpin first to make sure it is working on your system? give that a try. If you can follow the steps above that I gave to Wm2 it will help me rule out a few things. It will also make it more likely that you will see an error window if one pops up. If so let me know what the error window says.

Thanks, as I mentioned above I am on vacation at the moment so my responses may be slower than normal for a couple weeks. I will try to log in whenever I have some (sober) downtime.

#159 Wm29671

Wm29671

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

@Wm2,

No problem, I am on vacation so there may be delays in my responses as well. What table are you testing with and have you tested other tables as well?

I have tested on Twilight Zone, Tron Ultra and a couple of others (I'll have to go back and look at the history a little later).

Did you make sure the table you are running has only one 128x32 display?

I am almost positive the TZ table only had one 128x32 DMD.

If it has two you need to resize one of them so the dmd doesn't get confused on which output it see's.

I'm sorry but I am a little confused on what is happening so if you can try this for me,  it will give me a good place to start troubleshooting.

-Turn off all programs including hyperpin so you are at your desktop. Make sure you turn off anything starting in your windows start up folder.

Done that.

-make sure all files from the futuredmd download are in you future pinball folder.

Done that.

- let me know if you can see the pixels in the off state faintly in the dmd window.

Yes. I can see the pixels in the third window. Once the proram starts running it stays running, it only disappears if I close it or when I open a FP table.

-start Future Pinball

-run the table

What do you see in the third window?

Once FP starts up a table the DMD pixels disappear. If it's just the editor I can see the pixels just fine. If the table is loaded I see nothing.

Is it completely empty? Can you see the faint grid display of the turned off dmd pixels?

Now close future pinball and tell me what is happening in the third window again?

Once I exit a table I get the DMD pixels back.

Basically starting the load process of the table instantly kills the DMD pixels. At all other times your program is working fine. In fact to get rid of the DMD pixels on the third monitor I have to right click and close the program. I just don't get it? Thanks a lot for your help!

Thanks.

Edited by Wm29671, 30 July 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#160 graf

graf

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

Thanks mate I will try it when I get home :) So excited !!!!

what table has a DMD  128x32 size ?

@Wm2,

No problem, I am on vacation so there may be delays in my responses as well. What table are you testing with and have you tested other tables as well? Did you make sure the table you are running has only one 128x32 display? If it has two you need to resize one of them so the dmd doesn't get confused on which output it see's.

-start Future Pinball

-run the table

What do you see in the third window? Is it completely empty? Can you see the faint grid display of the turned off dmd pixels?

Thanks.

@graf

Hi graf, It should work on any monitor but I don't have a USB one to test. I have heard of people having trouble re-sizing on resolutions smaller than 1024x768 but if you got past that ok then there shouldn't be any issues. If you are hearing a ding, it sounds like windows may be trying to pop up an error. Have you tried running it outside of hyperpin first to make sure it is working on your system? give that a try. If you can follow the steps above that I gave to Wm2 it will help me rule out a few things. It will also make it more likely that you will see an error window if one pops up. If so let me know what the error window says.

Thanks, as I mentioned above I am on vacation at the moment so my responses may be slower than normal for a couple weeks. I will try to log in whenever I have some (sober) downtime.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: future pinball dmd, virtual dmd future pinball, dmd monitor future pinball