chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: BSD, Tr0n, SW:Stern

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

I played this again yesterday , you really need to move the upper flipper. Imo its not in the correct position , you can't make shadow loops.

Bump maps are the new auto-tune :BDH:
VPX - RSS Updates ---- blog.flippingflips.xyz/en/ -- Visual Pinball No.1 (2021) . Est.2000

#22 htamas

htamas

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 2,153 posts

• Flag: Hungary

• Favorite Pinball: cannot pick just one, and they change anyway

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

I played this again yesterday , you really need to move the upper flipper. Imo its not in the correct position , you can't make shadow loops

As much as I like the look of this mod, I still only play the original version from Groni (with better layback settings applied) because for some reason the gameplay is a bit strange on this one. Maybe what you mention is part of it... cannot exactly put my finger on what's wrong, but it just doesn't work for me :(

Edited by htamas, 25 July 2013 - 10:57 PM.

#23 teppotee

teppotee

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

• Flag: Finland

• Favorite Pinball: CV

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:15 AM

Well... I had kind of forgotten about this MOD. It never really got finished.

Maybe I will give it another go and try to apply some of the things I have learned since. Haven't even played it in few months.

If anyone has suggestions how to improve the physics / gameplay -> please let me know. Adjusting those is such a hit & miss for me.

#24 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: BSD, Tr0n, SW:Stern

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:34 AM

I think it's really nice as it is mate, just the dodgy flipper at the top. You can see from the overhead PAPA video and watch out it plays. Skip towards the end and bowen shows the shadow loops.

Notice how the shadow loop can be made from hitting early off the flipper at the top, currently it sort of faps out, lacking power & not enough to reach the ball properly. With recent versions of VP , gronis version seems to really lag for me as the ball goes around the orbit making that hard to hit.

Bump maps are the new auto-tune :BDH:
VPX - RSS Updates ---- blog.flippingflips.xyz/en/ -- Visual Pinball No.1 (2021) . Est.2000

#25 teppotee

teppotee

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

• Flag: Finland

• Favorite Pinball: CV

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:25 AM

OK. I will try to take a look at that next week. (going away for the next 4 days with no VP in sight :))

I guess I modified the physics on the table but the top flipper is still in it's original settings so it doesn't work quite right. That's should be relatively easy to fix.

I think I have a newer version of this table anyway on my hard drive with better flasher effects. I will check that as well. Maybe I will eventually get to releasing this!