StreetPreacher

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

I just replaced the futurepinball.exe file.

I use the Physics mod of FP with BAM....works perfect! :D

Here it is....at the bottom of this page:

How did you do this exactly?

Just to clarify, so there is a different Future Pinball.exe file that has updated physics, so you replaced the original Future Pinball.EXE with the new updated physics version, and then launch the new Future Pinball.EXE by clicking on the FPLoader.EXE in your Future Pinball/BAM/ folder?

Also, what path are people using to launch BAM through Hyperpin?  I tried changing the path to "BAM/FPLoader.exe" which i belive is the correct format, however Future Pinball doesn't seem to want to start when I try it from Hyperpin...

Any help on the correct path for the hyperpin setup file would be appreciated, I'm baffled...  

I've tried: BAM\FPLoader.exe

\BAM\FPLoader.exe

K:Future Pinball\BAM\FPLoader

nothing seems to work.  I know that the last one is wrong, but the first two should be correct, however when I try to start a table from hyperpin it gives me an error message that disappears too quickly to read!?!?!  I even tried pausing the error, but damned windows just won't give me enough time to read it....  so hard to trouble shoot when you don't know what the error is :)

I've also tried moving the FPLoader.exe file to the main future pinball directory, but it doesn't seem to work at all if it's not in the /BAM folder...  Weird.

Cool mod though, works great when used outside of Hyperpin, and will have to find some wiimotes to try the head tracking!  

Edited by StreetPreacher, 28 March 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#62 StreetPreacher

StreetPreacher

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Just curious, but does anyone have this working with the Hyperpin frontend yet?  It works great when used alone, but just can't seem to figure out how to get it to launch from Hyperpin, been messing with path settings all afternoon... :(

#63 ravarcade

ravarcade

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

• Flag: Poland

• Favorite Pinball: none

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

Just curious, but does anyone have this working with the Hyperpin frontend yet?  It works great when used alone, but just can't seem to figure out how to get it to launch from Hyperpin, been messing with path settings all afternoon... :(

I tested it right now.

Its work.

My setup in hyperpin dir:

Settings/Settings.ini - DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING. so:

Exe = Future Pinball.exe

Path = c:\games\Future Pinball\                                     

File: FPLaunch.ahk:

;**********************************FUTURE PINBALL***********************************
if (systemName = "Future Pinball" && (executable = "Future Pinball.exe"))
{
    Hotkey, %exitEmulatorKey%, CloseFP
    RunWait, "%emuPath%\BAM\FPLoader.exe" /open "%tablePath%\%tableName%.fpt" /play /exit /arcaderender,,hide UseErrorLevel
    Process, WaitClose, Future Pinball.exe
}

--- 
Replace: "%executable%" with "BAM\FPLoader.exe

... and dont forgot  to recompile file.

BAM page: http://www.ravarcade.pl

current BAM version: v1.5-317,  released: Oct 11, 2020

#64 StreetPreacher

StreetPreacher

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Ok, so I should be editing the 'FPLaunch.ahk' file and changing it to use the 'FPLoader.exe' file?

I was trying to edit my Hyperping 'settings.ini' file to use the 'FPLoader.exe' executable, instead of using the original 'Future Pinball.exe' but for some reason I wasn't able to get it to launch a game...  

I'll try your suggestion, thanks!

#65 ravarcade

ravarcade

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

HyperPin call AutoHotKey script (FPLoader.ahk) and that script check if exe file is "Future Pinball.exe". If you change Settings.ini, the script wont recognize call to Future Pinball. So simplest way is to change ahk script to use other file (in this case BAM/FPLoader.exe).

Edited by ravarcade, 28 March 2013 - 10:34 PM.

#66 djcpe

djcpe

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Metallica, Wizard of Oz, Star Trek

• PS3 Gamer Tag: Escape4
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Escape4

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

Good information guys. Looking forward on getting FP on my cab fo sho!

#67 ravarcade

ravarcade

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

BAM is Updated now!

If you use FP with Physicist MOD v2.5  (tested with v2.5.178) previously changing the light settings dont do anything, and if CamY is set below 650 (or 500) table becom dark.

Edited by ravarcade, 28 March 2013 - 11:27 PM.

#68 StreetPreacher

StreetPreacher

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

Well, I tried that, and now none of my tables will load from hyperpin,, not visual pinball either, not sure what I've done, back to the drawing board, should have learned my lesson about messing around with this program one you have it working ha ha

I should have known I would end up breaking something when I tried editing the .ahk script...

Thanks anyway, the mod looks good when I get to work ha ha

The most frustrating part is that it's giving me some sort of error message, but it flashes up too quickly for me to read it, so I have no idea what the problem is, fun way to spend my night... Was planning to be finished playing pinball by now, not still troubleshooting ha ha

Edited by StreetPreacher, 28 March 2013 - 10:55 PM.

#69 StreetPreacher

StreetPreacher

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

HyperPin call AutoHotKey script (FPLoader.ahk) and that script check if exe file is "Future Pinball.exe". If you change Settings.ini, the script wont recognize call to Future Pinball. So simplest way is to change ahk script to use other file (in this case BAM/FPLoader.exe).

OK, so the ONLY change you made in the 'FPLaunch.ahk' was to change the single instance of '%executable%' to /BAM/FPLoader.exe   instead?

So every other place that it mentions 'Future Pinball.exe' in the script I should just leave alone?

Edited by StreetPreacher, 29 March 2013 - 04:31 AM.

#70 ravarcade

ravarcade

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

OK, so the ONLY change you made in the 'FPLaunch.ahk' was to change the single instance of '%executable%' to /BAM/FPLoader.exe   instead?

So every other place that it mentions 'Future Pinball.exe' in the script I should just leave alone?

Rebooting my system now to see if that makes a difference, I have no idea why editing the Future Pinball section of the script would have also stopped all of my Visual Pinball tables from loading, and I STILL CAN NOT figure out how to change screens fast enough using alt-tab to see this error message before it disappears,  VERY FRUSTRATING. I shouldn't have started this tonight, meant to be playing and drinking, not swearing and trouble shooting.  The funny thing is I almost never play FP tables anyway, haahah

Well this was the WRONG project to start today.  Rebooted, still broken, copied over a backup version of Hyperpin, and still nothing launches from either visual pinball or future pinball, and it gives some error message that pops up and goes away too fast to be read.  I've tried pausing the screen but the error just doesn't stay around long enough to read, impossible to trouble shoot without knowing the error!!>!>!>!>!@<M#M!@<E

Yes. only '%executable%'to BAM/FPLoader.exe        (or no slash before BAM .... try other version if dont work)

Then you change script i break it (script syntax is broken) whole script wont work.

Every time, you change script, you have to compile it. (If you forgot to compile, there is executed previous version of script).

I remenemer when i did same mistake. 

Edited by ravarcade, 28 March 2013 - 11:33 PM.

#71 StreetPreacher

StreetPreacher

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:31 AM

Thanks for the help, but I think I'm going to give up for tonight and try in the morning.  At least the table are working directly through Future Pinball and VP, just Hyperpin frontend seems to be FUBAR...

And I copied my old unaltered 'FPLaunch.ahk' file and recompiled it, but still no tables will launch.

Everything shows up fine in the Hyperpin table selection screen (wheel images, videos, backglasses), however whenever I try to launch a table I get the error message about backslashes...

I assume this error is referring to my 'setup.ini' file, but I reverted back to an old one of that and it's not woking either, hmmm, this has me stumped.

#72 StreetPreacher

StreetPreacher

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:51 AM

Well I STILL have NO IDEA what went wrong, however, I downloaded the newest 1.295 mod of the FPLaunch files that include the loading screens, and although they still don't work properly for me, I was able to launch games with the new WIP 1.295 files!

EDIT: Yep, I must be corrupting the script somehow when I try to edit it. I just tried making that change to the .ahk file again, recompiled, and ran into the exact same problem with none of the tables launching...

Oh well, good thing it's a long weekend, and I still need to find some wiimotes to really test this anyway :)

Edited by StreetPreacher, 29 March 2013 - 04:29 AM.

#73 StreetPreacher

StreetPreacher

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:22 AM

I also spent a good couple of hours playing tables with your static camera setting, and just curious exactly where the default camera angle is located? I.e. .where my head should be to get the proper perspective? :)

#74 ravarcade

ravarcade

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

I also spent a good couple of hours playing tables with your static camera setting, and just curious exactly where the default camera angle is located? I.e. .where my head should be to get the proper perspective? :)

Relase from last night have "setup asistant view" it should help.

default FP setting is [0, 500, 650].  Point [0,0,0] is center of screen. FP defult unit is milimeter (mm). Most tables are 1000 (mm) long. So if your screen is 500 mm long so camera on defaul is set 325 mm above endge. (more or less). It make sense to set CamY value higher.

#75 speedboatz

speedboatz

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

Can someone please share information about how to build a calibration board. I have several Wiimotes I'd like to use for this. I figure I can solder something together, but i need instructions (or else I guess, I’ll fry too many LEDs) ;-) Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2

#76 ravarcade

ravarcade

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

Can someone please share information about how to build a calibration board. I have several Wiimotes I'd like to use for this. I figure I can solder something together, but i need instructions (or else I guess, I’ll fry too many LEDs) ;-) Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2

I put more info on other forum:

http://gopinball.com...t=3249&start=40

And i will make video "how to" in 1-2 days

#77 aupton

aupton

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 21 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Fun House

• PS3 Gamer Tag: Ritek
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Ritek

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

This project is awesome!

Any thoughts on using the Microsoft Kinnect for head/body tracking? It would probably be easier to physically setup with in a real cabinet, not reliant on batteries and wouldn't require the user to wear an LED hat.

#78 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,006 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family, All Williams 90's Games

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

This project is awesome!

Any thoughts on using the Microsoft Kinnect for head/body tracking? It would probably be easier to physically setup with in a real cabinet, not reliant on batteries and wouldn't require the user to wear an LED hat.

if that could work, I'd buy one in a sec.  Much easier if no headware was necessary

#79 ravarcade

ravarcade

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

This project is awesome!

I don't have kinect. It fill add support for kinect to "request list".

#80 StreetPreacher

StreetPreacher

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

Let's setup a KickStarter to get Ravarcade a Kinect! :)

If I had one I'd send it to ya ;)