roxy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Bally's Surfer's

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

I was excited to see Bally's Capersville available for download since I own a Bally's Surfer's of the same year.  I installed it on my 3 sceen cabinet and it looked beautiful but then the dreaded Script Error - Line: 0 (Null) came up.  I have seen this with a couple of other games and could not solve the problem.  Well aware my knowledge is minimal in these matters, I just deleted the previous games and went on.  In the case of Capersville, I really would like to have it to play.  How can I remedy this error so I can play this great game ?  Thank you. 

#2 starman

starman

... gain mental strength from nature

• VIP
  • 352 posts

• Flag: Austria

• Favorite Pinball: Jigglebox

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

Please download the newest script files (included the "b2s.vbs").

It doesn't matter whether version of Capersville, it is nevertheless necessary to have the "b2s.vbs" either in the table folder or / and in the script folder.

In the WS version the script "B2S" is just set to "false".

Thanks and servus

Walter

Edited by starman, 06 December 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#3 roxy

roxy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Thank you for your help and a great looking game.  I tried what you suggested and I still get the same error message.  I have very limited knowledge of the inner workings of Visual Pinball and Hyperpin.  I have installed some B2S games successfully but that's about it.  Does this error message suggest something specifically that I might have done or not done ?  I have reviewed the installation and naming, etc, and all appears to be correct.  Where should I go next ?

Thank you again.  

#4 Pinhead22

Pinhead22

PinHead

• Silver Supporter
  • 419 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Banzai Run, STTNG, Black Knight 2K, 2001

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

I have run into this problem as well and was able to solve it by renaming the files. The .vpt and .exe files appeared to be named exactly the same but somehow it wasn't. I renamed both the .vpt and .exe to something different and it worked. And on the version of FPlaunch and Hyperpin that I have the file names must end with "B2S" for Hyperpin to open and close the backglass correctly. 

#5 starman

starman

... gain mental strength from nature

• VIP
  • 352 posts

• Flag: Austria

• Favorite Pinball: Jigglebox

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

Did you already renamed the table file from

"CV_FS_B2S_V1.0.vpt"

to

"capersville_B2S.vpt"

and set

LaunchBackGlass "capersville_B2S", False

?

That should help.

Servus

Walter

#6 roxy

roxy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:01 AM

It works !  Thank you Walter.  Thank you Jared.  I am delighted to be able to play this game thanks to your help. 

It was well worth the effort.  What a great looking and playing game.  I am an "old"  EM guy and really appreciate the help and the great job done on this table.  A lot of similarities with Bally's Surfer's - zipper flippers, mushroom bumpers, even the color.  I can't imagine the amount of work involved in doing a game but if its easier to do a similiar game, "Surfer's" might be one to do.  :)    I am passing on my Surfer's machine to my youngest son so it would be great to still be able to play it for old times sake on my Hyperpin cabinet.  I enjoy having Kings & Queens on my cabinet, a game I have passed on to my oldest son.  I have owned these games since 1974 and they have always been a part of their entire lives.  Perpetuate Pinball !

Sorry for the lengthy response.  I really wanted to just say thank you but I was overwhelmed with the success of getting the game to work.

#7 Pinhead22

Pinhead22

PinHead

• Silver Supporter
  • 419 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Banzai Run, STTNG, Black Knight 2K, 2001

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

That's awesome Roxy. The EM tables by Starman are fantastic. I am amazed how realistic they play and look. I am glad you got this working and welcome to the community! Always happy to hear from enthusiastic pinball players :) Some of my other favorite EM tables are by the author "pinuck". You should check them out. 

#8 Neuronic

Neuronic

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Black Hole

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:00 AM

the exe file has to end with FS_B2S.EXE for Hyperpin to launch it. If it is launched the error clears.