Photo
- - - - -

"B2S" in Visual Pinball Cabinet download area?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pinballdoctorx

pinballdoctorx

Enthusiast

• Gold Supporter
  • 55 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Attack From Mars

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

So this really borders on being a stupid question,but does the "B2S" in the Visual Pinball Cabinet download area of the home page here mean "Backglass two screens"? If not, what is it? I want to download the correct files for my machine that has individual playfield, backglass and DMD monitors.

Thanks,
Pinballdoctorx
www.pinballdoctorx.com

#2 hmueck

hmueck

MaX

• VIP
  • 2,175 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: IPDB Top 300

Contributor

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (pinballdoctorx @ Aug 28 2012, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So this really borders on being a stupid question,but does the "B2S" in the Visual Pinball Cabinet download area of the home page here mean "Backglass two screens"? If not, what is it? I want to download the correct files for my machine that has individual playfield, backglass and DMD monitors.

B2S = Backglass2Screen = show a backglass on the screen.
There are B2S tables that just show the backglass and the third screen is for the DMD.
Other B2S tables have an image for the third screen, e.g. the vendor logo.
And there are even B2S tables for widescreen desktop users, where the backglass is on the just primary monitor.

The correct files for you are the FS (FullScreen) tables (in the forum menu: Visual Pinball Cabinet / Fullscreen Cabinet (with or without B2S)).
The tables without B2S often come with an UVP backglass, which also shows on the second screen (again, third for DMD). The UVP is just a little bit more complicated to install into the table.

Installation of UVP backglass (text stolen from somewhere in this forum):
1.)Modify your Table Script:
a) Replace/edit out VPinMAME.Controller to UltraVP.BackglassServ
b) Delete error code below the above line:
If Err Then MsgBox "Can't Load VPinMAME." & vbNewLine & Err.Description
If VPMver > "" Then If Controller.Version < VPMver Or Err Then MsgBox "VPinMAME ver " & VPMver & " required."
If VPinMAMEDriverVer < VBSver Or Err Then MsgBox VBSFile & " ver " & VBSver & " or higher required."
c) Add code to end of script:
Sub Leds_Timer()
Dim ChgLED
ChgLED = Controller.ChangedLEDs(&Hffffffff, &Hffffffff)
End Sub
2) Add Timer object to table, place off table, click options and rename it to "Leds" and set timer to "50"
3) Save Table

VPX0beta tables: 29cff786951ed9c1a70fc1fa47f5e3c1.png 0cecd68ffa2537a7262337834a05bbbe.png Finish them if you like!