Photo
- - - - -

Marvel Pinball is coming to PC (and mobile)

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 jeffy777

jeffy777

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Cactus Canyon

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (Rawd @ Dec 1 2011, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (lettuce @ Dec 1 2011, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Rawd @ Dec 1 2011, 03:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice game! Night and day difference between the iPad 1 and 2. Anyone want to buy an ipad1? wink.gif

Whats the differences? i only have an ipad1 sad.gif

MUCH smoother gameplay. There is no stutter on the ball at all, and the flippers feel more reactive. Supposedly the iPad2 can run graphics up to 9X faster than the iPad1. I own the 1, and my wife has the 2. After playing this game on the 2, I would like to sell the 1, and buy the iPad3 when it's released.

Yeah same here. I'm going to hold out for the iPad 3.

In the meantime, turning off the DMD makes it run much smoother on the iPad 1. I know that's not ideal, but it makes a big difference in performance. I just hope they'll optimize it in an update....

#42 DeeGor

DeeGor

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (moogster66 @ Dec 1 2011, 06:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess the old saying is true, "If you wanna play, you gotta pay".

I guess the thing I would say about Apple is they put out more updated hardware than anybody. I mean they come out with a new Iphone almost every year now. And the Ipad 2 came out about a year after the Ipad 1 came out. At least with a pc you can get 5-10 good years out of it before needing to upgrade. Apple's hardware is like a new car line, changing models very year. They might as well call it the 2012 Ipad. Look at the 360, It's been out since 2005 and is still going strong. Sure a new Xbox will probably be coming our way soon, but 6 years is pretty good for the hardware. I dare Apple to even try to get 6 years out of any of their products before updating the hardware. It won't happen because they know they have their market by the short and curlies! I hate to say it but most Apple users are like crack heads. I'm not trying to offend anyone with that statement. I can understand kids standing in line for a new Xbox, I can't understand adults standing in line for a new Iphone.

Sorry if I hijacked this topic, I'll stop talking about Apple now. I'm really enjoying the Marvel Pinball BTW.

[rant] I agree wholeheartedly. Not to mention that they are also REALLY slow to patch known security issues and really overcharge for the hardware they provide. They make everything look nice and pretty, so people flock to them. I find it hilarious when people say that apple devices are way more secure than windows because they don't have that many viruses/trojans developed for Mac. Apple devices are always the first to go down in the Pwn to Own contests every year. [/rant]

All that being said, I'm jealous that you guys are able to play the Marvel tables. I really hope they make an awesome PC port that is playable in my cab. smile.gif
My Pinball Cabinet:

#43 jeffy777

jeffy777

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:00 AM

I'm not an Apple fan either, but before the iPad, there was nothing that was even close to being that good of a tablet, and look how long it's taken the Droid tablets to finally catch up. Same was true for the iPhone and Droid phones too. I don't like Apple's policies, and I'd never buy one of their overpriced deskptops or laptops, but they do make really good mobile devices, and the way they revolutionized the mobile/tablet industry was pretty respectable.....and because of that they have the most apps available for those devices, which is why I still prefer the iPad. There are a lot of other pinball games for instance that are only available on iOS at this point in time, so sticking with an iPad is a necessary evil for me, even though I've never liked them as a company.

Edited by jeffy777, 02 December 2011 - 03:04 AM.

#44 jeffy777

jeffy777

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:52 AM

BTW, this is also out on Nintendo 3DS now (EU Shop, US coming soon).

Edited by jeffy777, 02 December 2011 - 04:54 AM.

#45 rcadefrk

rcadefrk

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Gorgar Hellfire/T2 Ultra & Chrome, TFTC/BBB & JP, Rosve's Starship Troopers, Real Pinball: SW Trilogy & Krull

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:42 AM

They use to own the bragging rights "mac os doesn't have viruses". That changed really quick once more than 1,000 people were using it smile.gif They do make good stuff, hell my old powerbook G4 is still kicking after 10 years of good use

#46 jeffy777

jeffy777

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

Here's a trailer showing what the Marvel tables look like on iOS:

#47 settingsons

settingsons

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 959 posts

• Flag: Switzerland

• Favorite Pinball: Terminator 2 and many EM machines

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:53 PM

I downloaded the free zen pinball table for the ipod touch 4g - spent 6 hours upgrading to iOS 5 first though smile.gif. My main interest was to see how the static portrait cabinet mode views look on these quite elaborate and highly animated tables because that would be a good indication on how the PC version will look for cabinets. I have to say the viewing angles to me look very good indeed and the 3D animated characters etc still look good from above.

Hopefully they will allow the 'zooming to the plunger' each time you launch a ball to be turned off. Also the flipper lag on the ipod touch is apalling. It takes about a second to register a flipper press so is totally unplayable. I guess the other platforms don't have the same issues?

#48 CuriousDan

CuriousDan

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

• Flag: Denmark

• Favorite Pinball: Jacks Open

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:32 PM

Zen team and Marvel brand have my sympathy and respect, however I never really got into their over-complicated tables and lack of decent rulesheets. Gonna wait for Pinball Arcade... but I wish lots of fun for the Zen fans!

#49 jeffy777

jeffy777

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:25 PM

New Thor table coming tomorrow to iOS and Android.

I ended selling my iPad 1 and picked up an iPad 2. Like Rawd said, the performance difference in this game is like night and day.

Edited by jeffy777, 20 December 2011 - 10:25 PM.

#50 jeffy777

jeffy777

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:39 AM

The only thing I don't like about Zen's tables is that the flippers are closer together than they are on real pinball machines, which makes the gameplay a bit too easy for my tastes. I guess they're just trying to appeal more to casual players. The tables are still really fun, but it certainly diminishes the challenge a bit by having the smaller gap between the flippers.

Edited by jeffy777, 12 January 2012 - 02:40 AM.