#1 Wm29671

Wm29671

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 98 posts
  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:30 PM

Hello all,
Does anyone have FP working in Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit? I have tried everything I know of, running as administrator, checking XP SP3 compatibility, etc. Every time I try and load a table it crashes when it gets to the point that it's loading "Newton" files. I have now tried on two brand new laptops, an Alienware with GTX 550 and an Inspiron 17R with a GeForce 525.
Anyone have any suggestions to get it going short of dual booting to XP? TIA if you have any input...

#2 jdsabin1

jdsabin1

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: A sucker for EM tables....

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:19 AM

I do. I have 125 FP tables loaded on my cab running Windows 7 64 bit. I am running the Nvidia 260.99 drivers which are required to have everything function correctly. What video drives are you using?
'The ball is wild!' - Harry Williams

#3 mameman23

mameman23

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 506 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: Dr Who, robocop

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:33 AM

you need to go into the options and tell it not to loads the graphics into the editor. that should fix that issue. I was getting the same problem. cant' recall the actual tab etc, but its there just dig around. its only of any use if you are building a table and has no impact on playing them.

PM me for any CNC needs.
Find me on Facebook....Xtreme Pinball
Doctor Who Cabinet Build Thread Here
Tron Cabinet Build Thread Here
Big Bang Bar Build Thread Here
Mameman's cnc fun

#4 Wm29671

Wm29671

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (mameman23 @ Aug 9 2011, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you need to go into the options and tell it not to loads the graphics into the editor. that should fix that issue. I was getting the same problem. cant' recall the actual tab etc, but its there just dig around. its only of any use if you are building a table and has no impact on playing them.

Unchecking load graphics into editor did get it to start up. However, every table I try to run has some kind of problem. Three Angels gives me a run time error or a mediation error, the new Addams Family Gold table doesn't load the table graphics, etc.
The laptop came with the 268.XX driver installed. Thanks for the feedback.r

#5 pinballwzd

pinballwzd

Enthusiast

• VIP
  • 176 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Cyclone

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:40 AM

I just got a new laptop and had similar problems.. Turned out that all I needed to do was update the bios so that the computer would see that updates to the .net framework and graphics chip. It is nvidia chip set but when I went to update the drivers from the nvidia site... it told me that I had to do all updates from the computer's manufacturer site. ( strange ). Anyway, the computer did not see a need up update as the bios first needed to be updated...

Maybe you can try to see if your bios is outdated...

- PINBALLWZD -

"It's not all about playing with balls..."

Tables: Alien Pinball Legacy (FP), Surgical R1 (FP), Pirahna - The Hunger(FP - WIP)

#6 maceman

maceman

Home Pinball Machine Collector/ Restorer

• VIP
  • 2,271 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: ....**Haunted House**....

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (Wm29671 @ Aug 9 2011, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mameman23 @ Aug 9 2011, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unchecking load graphics into editor did get it to start up. However, every table I try to run has some kind of problem. Three Angels gives me a run time error or a mediation error, the new Addams Family Gold table doesn't load the table graphics, etc.
The laptop came with the 268.XX driver installed. Thanks for the feedback.r

There are a very few tables that I have similar issues with, so no worries. I think you have done everything you can for now. You obviously have good enough equipment, so I wouldn't fret and just spend time setting up the ones you can. I am up to 190 tables fully set up on my cab. I haven't put that Adam's family up either for the same reason, it is hit and miss on loading and nothing else really gives me trouble, so why fret any longer? That is how i feel anyways.

If i can think of anything further, I will let you know..
Cheers,
Maceman

________________________________________________________________________________
Canada Eh!
hm_avatar.pngss_avatar.jpg MODS ys_avatar5.jpggenie_avatar.pngj2o_avatar.png

#7 jdsabin1

jdsabin1

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

• Favorite Pinball: A sucker for EM tables....

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:27 PM

On my cab I run with trilinear filtering on, models set to high, texture compression on, all gameroom and related objects off. I can play every single FP table including all the heavy hitters.
'The ball is wild!' - Harry Williams

#8 BETA-TESTER

BETA-TESTER

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Future Pinball

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

hi, i have had a similar problem few weeks ago with my destop pc...
to fix the problem i enabled the use of texture compression in the video settings of FP.

(i use Win 7 x64)

Edited by BETA-TESTER, 06 January 2012 - 12:03 AM.

2mhzw92.gif Add-On Author of: MilkShape3D importer/exporter, FuturePinball importer

#9 Wm29671

Wm29671

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:03 PM

Thanks for all the input on the issue. I seem to have it running most everything now. I wound up using a combination of all the recommendations, including turning on trilinear filtering, disabling desktop composition, unchecking load image in editor, etc. Every once in a while I have to close out of FP and go back in to get a table to load up but that is not as frequent either.

#10 BigBoss

BigBoss

Pinball Fan

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Attack From Mars, Metallica, Theatre Of Magic, Shadow, Star Trek

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (Wm29671 @ Aug 13 2011, 06:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for all the input on the issue. I seem to have it running most everything now. I wound up using a combination of all the recommendations, including turning on trilinear filtering, disabling desktop composition, unchecking load image in editor, etc. Every once in a while I have to close out of FP and go back in to get a table to load up but that is not as frequent either.

Future Pinball has memory corruption issues when closing tables and loading new ones. You should always close FP between table changes. A front end like hyperpin handles this for you on a cabinet.

#11 northvibe

northvibe

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

• Favorite Pinball: tales of arabian nights

• PS3 Gamer Tag: Northp
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Northp

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:39 AM

I have zero issues now. But what nvidia driver are you using? FP is SUPER picky and needs an older video driver. i think 182 or 180.x or something. I would need to check mine to make sure.

vpin - i5 2500k 

ICB cab - intel compute stick?

#12 neo-snk

neo-snk

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Favorite Pinball: star trek

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:42 AM

:otvclap:thank you, it work perfect