• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,412 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:22 PM

Indianapolis 500 VP912 1.1

Version: 1.1.0
Category: VPinMAME 9.x Recreations

Author(s): jpsalas

Description:
Based on the table by Bally/Midway from 1995
This is a conversion/rebuild of my VP8 table. Many graphics are new as it is most of the table, even the size of the table is different smile.gif

In this table I have included the spinning car, the moving car in the pitstop and the transparent ramps which were missing from the VP8 table. Some graphics could be enhanced a little, but it is not bad for a 6 days job smile.gif

JP

PS: The table is angle free, so change the angles as you want. If you change the angle too much some of the images may look a little distorted, but by changing their height or rotation angle can be made look good.

Update 1.1 10 Mars 2012
- Updated for VP912 with alpha transparent ramps, higher resolution graphics and some changes in the settings.

View File

Submitted by jpsalas, on Nov 1 2010, 03:22 PM

Edited by jpsalas, 10 March 2012 - 05:49 AM.

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#2 Sabbat

Sabbat

The Pinball Monk

• VIP
  • 4,506 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

• PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:28 PM

awesome JP! thank you!!!

Star Wars next? pleeeeeease smile.gif
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#3 bolt

bolt

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,030 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:11 PM

Fantastic release JPSalas, thank you very much.
Posted Image

#4 Mudfinger

Mudfinger

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:32 PM

Another Great!
Thanks JP!

Monarch Of The Sea

#5 gordon

gordon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Pirates of the Caribbean

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:25 PM

WoW nice table.

Let the race beginn.

Thank you jpsalas dblthumb.gif

#6 Joshua B

Joshua B

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:38 PM

Thanks JP! Plays great and looks great.

#7 jmenjes

jmenjes

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone, The Addams Family

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:31 AM

Thanks, JP.
You're dead if you aim only for kids.
Adults are only kids grown up anyway. -- Walt Disney

#8 smakx

smakx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Fish Tales

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:29 AM

Impeccable, JP never ceases to amaze.
"Pinball is the absolute pinnacle of human achievement, the perfect union of art and science, the purpose of mankind's creation and the answer to its greatest mystery, the very meaning of life its self."

#9 vic viper

vic viper

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 516 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Xenon, Firepower, Elvis, Gradius (original), Zarza

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:09 AM

you the man JP

Thanks again
SHOOT THE CORE

#10 mach2

mach2

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: indy,who dunnit

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:38 PM

Thanks so much JP!, Awesome work as always, excelent table and gameplay. dblthumb.gif

#11 RipleYYY

RipleYYY

Belgian do it better !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

• Flag: Belgium

• Favorite Pinball: Bally Lost World

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:33 PM

fantastic pinball & recreation ! i played all the afternoon smile.gif

and already roll over it with 11.612.034.500 pts

btw, got a bug (it happends 2 times) : during multiball, 1 ball was missing, the search engine goes OK, but found nothing
the only solution was to tilt the table, and than all balls were there at next ball

Aliens 2, Area 51, Asterix, Bally Tribute, ET, Evel Knievel, Frontier, Galaxian, Inspector Gadget, Lilo & Stitch, Looney Tunes, Lost World, Mata Hari, Night Mission, Power Play, Rayman, Rolling Stones 2, Stalker, Santa Odyssey, Tempest, Timon & Pumbaa, Williams Tribute, World Cup 2002, Zombie

Tanx to (alphabetical order) : BLACK, CUTTER, DESTRUK, EALA, JP, JOE ENTROPY, KINSEY, KRISTIAN, LOSERMAN, LUVTHATAPEX, RANDY, SCAPINO, SHIVA, STRANGELEO (hope i did not forget someone... )

#12 serpiko

serpiko

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: GTB spirit and all the wonderful tables that you make

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:28 PM

thank you jp.

Indianapolis 500 vp9 is superb.
not really comparable with the version VP8.
the graphics are super nice and is very quick as I love them.
once you have created a very nice table and in 6 days!
dblthumb.gif dblthumb.gif dblthumb.gif dblthumb.gif

#13 rocko720

rocko720

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Favorite Pinball: Whitewater

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:05 PM

Great repro JP....

@ problems that I saw....Had a ball dissappear during multiball....not sure where it went and also the ball gets stuck under the upper left ramp while traveling on the wire ramp like the ball is too big.
Kinda renders it unplayable for me....

Otherwise...It's on par with the other releases.....

Thanks,

Rocko720 dblthumb.gif

#14 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,412 posts

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:07 PM

Could you take a screenshot where the ball gets stuck?

JP

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#15 RipleYYY

RipleYYY

Belgian do it better !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

• Flag: Belgium

• Favorite Pinball: Bally Lost World

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:41 PM

again, got the "multiball bug", but dont know where is the 3rd ball !!!???

is the same bug as Rocko ?

ps : just though to push the "B" key to add a ball, this help and goes OK for the running game
but not for the next games of course, while we have 1 ball to much (and that would mean that the 3rd lost ball should be in the drain ?)

whtflag.gif

Edited by RipleYYY, 04 November 2010 - 03:42 PM.

Aliens 2, Area 51, Asterix, Bally Tribute, ET, Evel Knievel, Frontier, Galaxian, Inspector Gadget, Lilo & Stitch, Looney Tunes, Lost World, Mata Hari, Night Mission, Power Play, Rayman, Rolling Stones 2, Stalker, Santa Odyssey, Tempest, Timon & Pumbaa, Williams Tribute, World Cup 2002, Zombie

Tanx to (alphabetical order) : BLACK, CUTTER, DESTRUK, EALA, JP, JOE ENTROPY, KINSEY, KRISTIAN, LOSERMAN, LUVTHATAPEX, RANDY, SCAPINO, SHIVA, STRANGELEO (hope i did not forget someone... )

#16 slam23

slam23

Pinhead extraordinaire

• Charter Member
  • 811 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones (1993) + Lord of the Rings

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:32 PM

Hi JP (and fellow INDY 500 fans),

I'm having a blast with this table, I already liked the VP8 version but this one plays better still! I didn't encounter any stuck balls or problems with multiball yet but I did notice a strange behaviour of the ball that is a bit hard to explain. It has to do with shots that hit something or some area just below the topmost flipper (at the right orbit) from which the ball ricochets with high speed to the left side of the cabinet just below the left ramp. It looks like a hard flipper shot from that topmost flipper but I know for a fact that that is not the case. Could there be a wall or other table element in that that has a slingshot (or more forceful than that) like property that it shouldn't have? I hope I make myself clear because I don't know how to make a video of that behaviour. I have observed this a couple of times during longer games.
Also, when starting multiball, the first ball of the 2 balls that leave the Turbo area and roll towards the right flipper will sometimes speed up very fast and drain immediately.
Slam23

Did you know that "playing pinball" is called "flipperen" in Dutch? Now you know and may your life be enriched by this arcane knowledge....

#17 bolt

bolt

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,030 posts

• Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (slam23 @ Nov 4 2010, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi JP (and fellow INDY 500 fans),

Also, when starting multiball, the first ball of the 2 balls that leave the Turbo area and roll towards the right flipper will sometimes speed up very fast and drain immediately.
Slam23

Yes Slam, this problem with the turbo speed ball needs a fix.

Posted Image

#18 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,412 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:31 PM

Next time the ball disappears, then press "O" (this is letter "O" not cero) and if you see the ball stuck somewhere then take a screen capture and pot it here. Pressing the O makes the ball come on top of everything.

About the balls that comes out from the turbo: the problem is about the ball collision. One ball falls down and the other immediately falls nearly on top of the first one and that speeds up the first ball. This is how VP works. I could make the balls come out of the turbo with a few seconds from each other, but that would not be how the real turbo sends the balls.

JP

Edited by jpsalas, 06 November 2010 - 02:55 AM.

vp.jpg

#19 rocko720

rocko720

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Favorite Pinball: Whitewater

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:15 PM

Jp....

disregard my post...I may have loaded up your vp8 version on vp9 when this happend with the ball getting stuck...played the vp9 version and had no issues at all........If i have any further issues with the ball dissappearing during multiball i will post a screenshot...

Rocko720

#20 Sabbat

Sabbat

The Pinball Monk

• VIP
  • 4,506 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

• PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

Thank you for the update
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link