#1 destruk

destruk

VPF Veteran

• VPF Staff
  • 6,307 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Ultrapin!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

File Name: Visual Pinball 9.1.3 Standalone (EXE)
File Submitter: destruk
File Submitted: 20 Oct 2012
File Category: Essential Visual Pinball Files
Author(s): Cupidf
Destruk
Maddes
Poiuyterry
Shagendo
Toxieainc
Wizard's Hat
Randy Davis

Standalone EXE and FreeImage.DLL for Visual Pinball v9.1.3 *
NOTE: for 3D rendering, I think the default is 'enabled' - so check the video options to be sure it is set correctly for your requirements.

Click here to download this file

Build a fire, vipers love the heat.

#2 Aurich

Aurich

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Scared Stiff

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

So if we have v9.1.2 installed already we just need to swap in these files, correct?

Is there a change log or notes or anything?

Thanks to everyone who's working on this! :tup:

#3 destruk

destruk

VPF Veteran

• VPF Staff
  • 6,307 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:34 PM

Yes. There is a changelog in the zip.

#4 Shadowsclassic

Shadowsclassic

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Elvira and the Party Monsters

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

Okay, now the big question for anyone with a 3D LCD. I know it has to be a neat effect or else the Devs would not have put in the time to add the support. My question is, is it worth the trouble and expense to upgrade to a 3D LCD or is this just for the folks that haven't pulled the trigger on a playfield monitor yet?
I am LOL to the mental image of a bunch of nerdy glasses wearing people huddled around a pinball cabinet! :clnglasses:

#5 destruk

destruk

VPF Veteran

• VPF Staff
  • 6,307 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

It really is cool. With VP on a 3D tv with the glasses, the tv sees where you are and renders the table different depending on your location. So as you slide your body from the left to the front to the right everything on the table changes perspective to compensate to where you are. The effect is quite pronounced on raised toy objects like the fishing rod and reel in Fish Tales, or any moving object rendered from front to back of the table like the Corvette Drag Strip. It's not just for fullscreen/cabinets either as the 3D also works for 4:3 renders.

#6 serpiko

serpiko

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: GTB spirit and all the wonderful tables that you make

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:26 AM

thanks for this update Destruk.
very good work.

#7 toxie

toxie

VPF Veteran

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:27 AM

Okay, now the big question for anyone with a 3D LCD. I know it has to be a neat effect or else the Devs would not have put in the time to add the support. My question is, is it worth the trouble and expense to upgrade to a 3D LCD or is this just for the folks that haven't pulled the trigger on a playfield monitor yet?
I am LOL to the mental image of a bunch of nerdy glasses wearing people huddled around a pinball cabinet! :clnglasses:

The thing is that it just delivers a bit more realism due to the increased depth perception.. So for people who want to squeeze out each possible bit of realism out of VP, it's a must IMHO..

#8 Shadowsclassic

Shadowsclassic

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

It really is cool. With VP on a 3D tv with the glasses, the tv sees where you are and renders the table different depending on your location. So as you slide your body from the left to the front to the right everything on the table changes perspective to compensate to where you are. The effect is quite pronounced on raised toy objects like the fishing rod and reel in Fish Tales, or any moving object rendered from front to back of the table like the Corvette Drag Strip. It's not just for fullscreen/cabinets either as the 3D also works for 4:3 renders.

The thing is that it just delivers a bit more realism due to the increased depth perception.. So for people who want to squeeze out each possible bit of realism out of VP, it's a must IMHO..

Sounds really cool, but having just recently dropping nearly half a grand on a playfield monitor I have a feeling the wife would boot me to the curb if I tried for a 3D upgrade. ;) Maybe since 3D is possible maybe they will perfect the non-glasses version and start marketing that. My sons 3DS is pretty cool. I wonder though, I play pinball for hours at a time and any 3D gives me a headache after about 15 minutes. Could make for some really painful gaming sessions!

#9 Rockin and Rollin'

Rockin and Rollin'

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

OK - help me with this. I downloaded the FULL 913. Opened the zip and did the install. It updated files. BUT.....I can't see V913 anywhere in the folders. 912 is still there intact. With the standalone - when I try to install, it asks for the .dll file. Where is this going? The Windows folder? Sorry, I'm confused with this update.

#10 Shadowsclassic

Shadowsclassic

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

Well with the stand alone you just COPY the files into your Visual pinball directory. You may want to rename the EXE to Vpinball or what ever you had before so that your front end can find it. I just renamed vpinball back to 912 and renamed 813 to vpinball. I If you are running win7 check to make sure it has admin rights, mine already did when I checked. That's it!

The full you only need if you are doing a fresh install.

#11 rob046

rob046

Often Emulated, Never Duplicated

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

• Favorite Pinball: 8 Ball Deluxe, ToM, & Funhouse

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

Too bad 3D gives me a headache after 5 minutes. This sounds cool. Though it sounds more useful for cab users to add some extra depth perception, perhaps. On desktop things looking "flat" isn't really an issue. Yeah, I just can't do 3D with my eyes. Hoping in the next 5-10 years some sort of better 3D solution comes out that is a bit more convenient than using glasses & such.

Edited by rob046, 21 October 2012 - 09:38 PM.

#12 maceman

maceman

Home Pinball Machine Collector/ Restorer

• VIP
  • 2,271 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: ....**Haunted House**....

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

Another improvement i just noticed in this version!!!

When i have 2 tables open and am editing one table, the dialog boxes stay open where i am working!! LOVE IT!!
This didn't work for me before. For example, say if i was copying flipper settings from one table to another.. i would have to keep hitting the dropdown arrow to re-open the section i am working on, and now it stays in place!

Thanx guys!!

Maceman
________________________________________________________________________________
Canada Eh!
hm_avatar.pngss_avatar.jpg MODS ys_avatar5.jpggenie_avatar.pngj2o_avatar.png

#13 MajikBubble

MajikBubble

Excellent Pinball Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

Any possibility of red/blue anaglyph 3D for those without 3D TV's?

#14 chas

chas

Pinball Fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

• Favorite Pinball: i played Timezone, quickdraw, triple action, frontier and a few more

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

rock &rollin>>>>OK - help me with this. I downloaded the FULL 913. Opened the zip and did the install. It updated files. BUT.....I can't see V913 anywhere in the folders. 912 is still there intact. With the standalone - when I try to install, it asks for the .dll file. Where is this going? The Windows folder? Sorry, I'm confused with this update.
chas>>>>>R&R, i got the same "dll file" when i tried to installl 913 standalone into C/programfiles......you cannot have 2 files with the same name in the same folder or location.....i went into C/programfiles and typed a _1 after the dll file then extracted the 913 zipped folder again and used the browse from desktop to installl into C/programfiles keeping everything intact.....after installing right click on the silver ball and send to desktop for the shortcut.....i have 912 and 913 on my desktop.

my question is---- where is the ball size that was discussed for the 913 update?

#15 Dezwin

Dezwin

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Whirlwind

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:41 AM

I thought current 3D TV sets used high speed on/off switching between the right and left eye to create the 3D effect?
What screen are you using that tracks head movement?

Why the need for glasses if the effect is based on head position?

Edited by Dezwin, 23 October 2012 - 04:42 AM.

#16 toxie

toxie

VPF Veteran

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:22 AM

I think destruk simply explained this a bit too wildly.. :-)
No head tracking involved, and both common 3d display techniques, active and passive, should work..

#17 destruk

destruk

VPF Veteran

• VPF Staff
  • 6,307 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:24 AM

I have a Samsung 40" tv, and the glasses track the location of your head in relation to the tv set. So when I physically move myself to the left, the backdrop and table adjusts to where I am - the picture changes.

#18 toxie

toxie

VPF Veteran

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

what??

that's even cooler then.. so the TV itself uses additional wizardry to adopt the 3D in/output?!
(could well be, nowadays even the auto conversion from 2D to 3D works reasonably okay)

#19 chas

chas

Pinball Fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

• Favorite Pinball: i played Timezone, quickdraw, triple action, frontier and a few more

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

ok, so you are not talking to me.....i gave the forum leaders more than enough time to solve problems as far back as 2010.....when i come up with a solutuion you call me a troll......you got me trippin hard.....the attitudes here suck

#20 The Loafer

The Loafer

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 3,468 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Superman, Firepower & Tron

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

Take a pill and relax, the ball size is mentioned elsewhere.

See Jp's post here
http://www.vpforums....=40#entry197238

Edited by The Loafer, 23 October 2012 - 08:53 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Visual Pinball 9.1.3