Neophyte

• Platinum Supporter
  • 5 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Last Action Hero, Cue Ball Wizard, Kiss, Indiana Jones

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (koadic @ Jun 5 2012, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (lbhswans @ Jun 5 2012, 02:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One thing I have noticed (which I'd like you to test/confirm) is that when I load and play the new VP table "STTNG FS B2S" using your custom VP exe, the table freezes and returns a "out of memory" error message. This error does not occur with the standard VP 912 exe. Once the error has occurred the user needs to restore to the original VP 912 exe and restore/remove the VP autosave files.

Ok, I tried with an unaltered version of build7 (I usually use a 4GB patched version for x64) and loaded up STTNG B2S, but didn't get any errors at all... Granted, there is a lot of stuff in the build that I didn't put there, as it was the most current code up to present and could include some unknown bugs, but nothing I added should cause any such issues, as all my stuff was just mainly adding basic GUI stuff.

Regardless, unless you are using my newer build to assign specific gamepad buttons/axes, all the other settings will stick when using a standard version of VP 9.12, as they are all currently available through the use of registry entries, and all I did was give them a place in the settings menu.

That's good to know, I'll use the custom build to "globally" set the nudging then revert back to the original version. Maybe my build (aka maxsinners old cab) needs more memory.

Thx Koadic

#22 koadic

koadic

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,363 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family/Fish Tales/Medieval Madness

Contributor

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (lbhswans @ Jun 8 2012, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (koadic @ Jun 5 2012, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (lbhswans @ Jun 5 2012, 02:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One thing I have noticed (which I'd like you to test/confirm) is that when I load and play the new VP table "STTNG FS B2S" using your custom VP exe, the table freezes and returns a "out of memory" error message. This error does not occur with the standard VP 912 exe. Once the error has occurred the user needs to restore to the original VP 912 exe and restore/remove the VP autosave files.

Ok, I tried with an unaltered version of build7 (I usually use a 4GB patched version for x64) and loaded up STTNG B2S, but didn't get any errors at all... Granted, there is a lot of stuff in the build that I didn't put there, as it was the most current code up to present and could include some unknown bugs, but nothing I added should cause any such issues, as all my stuff was just mainly adding basic GUI stuff.

Regardless, unless you are using my newer build to assign specific gamepad buttons/axes, all the other settings will stick when using a standard version of VP 9.12, as they are all currently available through the use of registry entries, and all I did was give them a place in the settings menu.

That's good to know, I'll use the custom build to "globally" set the nudging then revert back to the original version. Maybe my build (aka maxsinners old cab) needs more memory.

Thx Koadic

Thinking back on it though, you may need to go in and adjust the Accelerometer Gain in the table options for each table, as I don't think the seperate X and Y gain values were integrated in the original 9.12, but all the other stuff should be good, like the deadzone and Tilt Sensitivity, etc.