bgood

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: IT

Posted 21 March 2018 - 01:04 AM

I'm using win 10, the latest Pinball X. Started out using Future Pinball with no problems and then saw some excellent tables in VPX. So downloaded Elvira and Road Kings along with their media packs,ROMS, Tables and B2s backglass files. Both programs start and run, back glasses are in place and operating but I can not get the table turned to 90 deg so I can play it like Future Pinball. What am I missing. Can anybody help I've read all the problems and nobody else seams to have this.

#2 xenonph

xenonph

I have Pinball Fever!

• VIP
  • 3,909 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: TRON Classic-Congo-Xenon-PINBOT-BOP-LOTR-A Real American Hero OPERATION PINBALL-Millionaire-Whirlwind-Krull-NFL-BlackKnight-FishTales

Contributor

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:36 AM

Load Road Kings VPX table into the VP Editor. With both the "Options" and "Backdrop" tabs pressed down on left side of Editor, look on right side of editor and you will see "Test Desktop". You need to uncheck this. (As seen in pic.) You will see the table rotate in editor.

capture360_t.png

Hope this helps you.

CHECK OUT THIS TUTORIAL http://www.vpforums....howtopic=32515
TO USE DB2S BACKGLASS PROGRAM WITH DESKTOP TABLES ON 1 MONITOR

#3 bgood

bgood

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 01:17 PM

Thnx Xenonph: When I went into editor the test box was not checked but while I was there I tried a lot of different settings and nothing changed the orientation, back to preferences and made sure check mark was in "use always FS back drop settings" I can switch between 270 deg and desktop but I need 90 deg orientation. I have a 3 screen set up. the main screen is 3840 X 2160 on a 49" monitor. I wonder if the problem could be in PINMAME?The backglass is well positioned, the table play great but upside down. 

#4 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

• Favorite Pinball: M M

Posted 21 March 2018 - 01:36 PM

Try this

on the right side of the picture where it says desktop change that to Fullscreen then change the XY setting from 270 to 90

#5 bgood

bgood

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:17 PM

WoW  :otvclap:  What a great community we belong to. Problem Solved - The 90 deg move in X-Y did the Job!                         

Thanks to Xenonph and Outhere ---- Situation fixes in 12 hours .     Happy Happy Here 

#6 vogliadicane

vogliadicane

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: The Addams Family

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:40 PM

Nice you could solve it. But my warning is, you now have to do this for ALL new tables... if you stick at VPX (and I BET, you will ;) ).

I would just turn around the monitor 180 degree physically. Doesn't FP have a global option for rotating playfields, so you are good with that also?

Edited by vogliadicane, 21 March 2018 - 09:42 PM.

#7 bgood

bgood

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 06:21 AM

Thought about turning the playfield in the cabinet just for VP10 games and then adjusting Pinball X to 180 deg. Might be easier to just change the parameters (now that I know how to do that) of every new VPX game that I add as I add them. Lots of choices.

#8 goodGRIEFF76

goodGRIEFF76

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Funhouse, Buckaroo

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:13 PM

I'm experiencing this same issue on bugs bunny birthday ball vpx table, and I clicked "backdrop" and "options", but the options panel doesn't open.  Is there an alternative method for tables like this?

#9 gtxjoe

gtxjoe

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,060 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, AbraCadabra

Contributor

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:47 AM

Hmm, try opening vpx, go to Preference->Editor Options.  Uncheck "Properties Menu floating". Click OK and restart VPX.  Now try the Backdrop and Options buttons

#10 goodGRIEFF76

goodGRIEFF76

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Funhouse, Buckaroo

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:29 AM

Thanks gtxjoe, that enabled me to see the options panel.  I did have to completely change all the settings to align the table properly as it was completely out of whack.  

Thanks again!