GreenKnight

Hobbyist

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: Bally Eight Ball Deluxe

Posted 24 September 2016 - 02:08 PM

Hi, me again! This was one of my all-time favourite PC pinball tables from Century 21 back in the 1990s. Light66 has done a FP version: it which looks great but when I play it (V1.05 on FP v1.9.2008.1225 when the ball goes into the vault, the table locks with a nasty stuttering buzzing sound, Anyone any idea what amendments are needed to the Mainscript.vbs or table script in order to fix this?

Thanks

GK

#2 Greynurse

Greynurse

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: DOOM by Bigus1

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:38 PM

Hi GreenKnight,

I don't think there's anything wrong with the scripts. I've just spent the last 2 hrs trying to emulate your problem. I usually play all my FP tables with FP_Phx_2.3_BM24_N170.exe. To tell the truth, I don;t remember where it came from, it just popped up one day and I decided to try it. Since then, I've never had a problem with that executable. I don't use BAM, 'cause VP is fiddly enough. Besides, FP is mainly used for my EM tables, and the 2.3 physics works just fine out of the box.

So, back to your problem. You didn't say that you are running BAM, so I'm assuming you're not. After running Sones N Bones fault free on my default executable, I decided to try the one you are using, which is is the default one that comes with the install. Things then got a little interesting. While entering the vault didn't crash the table, twice the vault kicker failed to fire the ball out past the end of the outlane, resulting in a drain each time. I also manage to shoot the ball from the left flipper through the habitrail on the right, near the upkicker there and jam it between the habitrail and the shooter lane wall, on top of the shroud.

In my opinion, this table just doesn't like v1.9.2008.1225, or vice versa. Try another FP executable, like the one I'm using, or one of the others that come with the install or can be downloaded from any good FP site. Let me know how you go.

Cheers

Edited by Greynurse, 12 December 2016 - 01:38 PM.

#3 GreenKnight

GreenKnight

Hobbyist

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:27 PM

Thanks for this Hobbyist: Any idea where I can download Physics V2.3? The only version available seems to be V2.5 or 2.6.

Thanks

#4 Greynurse

Greynurse

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: DOOM by Bigus1

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:08 PM

I cannot recall where it came from. More than likely it was included in the installation pack. Look in your Future Pinball sub folders. I remember that it was lurking there, instead of the root folder. Kinda like an Easter Egg, as it turned out. Sorry I can't be more specific. If you have no luck with 2.3, try googling for 2.5 or download 2.7 at Slamtilt's web site.

Edited by Greynurse, 26 December 2016 - 11:09 PM.

#5 GreenKnight

GreenKnight

Hobbyist

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:24 PM

Thanks Greynurse. I did try v2.7 but still got the same problem. I'm wondering if it's an issue with the sound used and my motherboard sound chipset/driver. When I get some spare time (ha ha!) I'll try allocating a different sound to the vault.

Thanks for the help.

#6 GreenKnight

GreenKnight

Hobbyist

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:52 PM

Fixed it!! AT LONG LAST! And by a lucky coincidence too!

I happened to be mooching on the Internet and did a search for strange sounds in Future Pinball and someone said they'd fixed this problem by enabling Vertical Sync in the Video/rendering settings. So I tried this and lo and behold it fixed the awful noise and lockup problem on Stones & Bones. It also made the Road Girls revisited table playable as well as I would be deafened by that one all the time it played.

Cue one happy player, and I thought I'd pass this fiz along to anyone else being plagued by the problem on some FP tables

:good:

Edited by GreenKnight, 17 February 2017 - 07:53 PM.