• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#41 Sabbat

Sabbat

The Pinball Monk

• VIP
  • 4,506 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

• PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (Sheltemke @ Oct 25 2010, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Sabbat Moon @ Oct 25 2010, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just tested 1.01.... I thought I lost all my balls but one during multiball, but I was still scoring jackpots. So I let that ball drain...then took a ball search to find the ball. Table still thought I was in multiball mode...so I let that ball drain too. Then had to do another table search but could not find the ball so I quit out.

edit: just wanted to say though that the kickback and bumpers work great now.

Interesting. This bug didn't happened for me yet.

Yeah, It's probably rare and due to more then one ball draining at the same time in multiball. It hasn't happend again.
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#42 TheMcD

TheMcD

Pinball Wizard

• VPF Staff
  • 2,461 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Frankenstein, Safecracker, Big Hurt, Four Horsemen, Tommy, X-Files

Contributor

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:28 PM

Y'know, when that happens, just press "B". Gives you the option to add a ball into the outhole, in case one ball gets stuck in the backdrop or something awkward like that. Helps with disappearing balls too.

The McD

VPF's resident pinball music fanatic.

The McD's Pinball Music Emporium: YouTube /// MediaFire (old tracks) /// Mega (new tracks)

#43 Sabbat

Sabbat

The Pinball Monk

• VIP
  • 4,506 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:00 PM

Serious bug when playing the game today.

I was at 13billion....final frontier multiball was going...balls flying everywhere...then all of a sudden the whole ROM and flippers...everything just died!!! Here is a screenshot..

Could it be that I was pushing enter too much while using my flippers? So many balls on screen I wasn't sure if my cannons were loaded etc so yea

Edited by Sabbat Moon, 26 October 2010 - 08:18 PM.

If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#44 bluto

bluto

Gramps

• Charter Member
  • 618 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Cactus Canyon

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:47 PM

It says table updated OCT 25.was it ? Wheres the DLoad? rolleyes.gif
Hi to all members.
I'm From Aurora,Ontario
I am 76 in 2010
---------------------------
Please post in the
right Forum
ABOUT TOPIC
NOT ME,OK

#45 TheMcD

TheMcD

Pinball Wizard

• VPF Staff
  • 2,461 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Frankenstein, Safecracker, Big Hurt, Four Horsemen, Tommy, X-Files

Contributor

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (Sabbat Moon @ Oct 26 2010, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was at 13billion....final frontier multiball was going...balls flying everywhere...then all of a sudden the whole ROM and flippers...everything just died!!! Here is a screenshot..

[snip]

Could it be that I was pushing enter too much while using my flippers? So many balls on screen I wasn't sure if my cannons were loaded etc so yea

Could be. Input overload causes VP to freeze - sounds logical to me. I'm pretty damn sure it's not table specific - either it's VP's or your fault.

The McD

The McD's Pinball Music Emporium: YouTube /// MediaFire (old tracks) /// Mega (new tracks)

#46 Sabbat

Sabbat

The Pinball Monk

• VIP
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (TheMcD @ Oct 26 2010, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[snip]

Could be. Input overload causes VP to freeze - sounds logical to me. I'm pretty damn sure it's not table specific - either it's VP's or your fault.

The McD

Sounds like a fix that needs to be addressed in VP.

How is it my fault that the program can't handle my awesomeness?????

#47 TheMcD

TheMcD

Pinball Wizard

• VPF Staff
  • 2,461 posts

Contributor

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:59 PM

Might want to blame your computer for that too. It takes at least some of the guilt.

The McD

#48 bluto

bluto

Gramps

• Charter Member
  • 618 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Cactus Canyon

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:02 PM

I must do a Virus check,see ya
bad.gif
Hi to all members.
I'm From Aurora,Ontario
I am 76 in 2010
---------------------------
Please post in the
right Forum
ABOUT TOPIC
NOT ME,OK

#49 FDSystems

FDSystems

Eclectic end-user

• Charter Member
  • 2,476 posts

• Flag: Brazil

• Favorite Pinball: I will have to find out again.............

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (Sabbat Moon @ Oct 26 2010, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[snip]

The McD

Maybe you´re too good! wink.gif biggrin.gif
From Brasil. Updated version of 1234fd

#50 Sheltemke

Sheltemke

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

• Flag: Hungary

• Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones(Williams), Attack from Mars

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (1234fd @ Oct 27 2010, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Sabbat Moon @ Oct 26 2010, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[snip]

The McD

Maybe you´re too good! wink.gif biggrin.gif

Okay i report the same bug happened to me...In final frontier the table freezed...(i could kill the visual pinball task with task manager but the table freezed completely)

Here is the shot(i play FS version):

I am not sure if this is a bug or 6 ball multiball Final Frontier is "too much" for visual pinball 9...(i use 9.09 btw).

I report this to jpsalas.

Edit.: Its not my computer btw thats sure, i have a stable computer which never freezed before, so i think its a visual pinball9 or a script bug.

Edited by Sheltemke, 30 October 2010 - 09:06 AM.

#51 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,416 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:29 AM

This looks to me a Vpinmame error. A suggestion is to turn off the antialiasing in the vpinmame (you can press F1, set antialiasing to 0), stop the table, quite VP, and run it again).

Another solution is to change the rom used. I used the SP1 rom as default. But you may change a line in the script and use any of the other roms:

Const cGameName = "sttng_s7" 'Rom LX7 SP1
'Const cGameName = "sttng_l7" 'Rom LX7
'Const cGameName = "sttng_x7" 'Special Sounds Rom LX7

I have added just 3 roms, and maybe the second one is better, it was the default one in the VP8 table.

JP

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#52 Mono

Mono

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Star trek

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (jpsalas @ Oct 24 2010, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a small note to inform you that I have fixed most of the bugs (small bugs actually smile.gif ). The only one left is the cannon not receiving the ball and the table has to make a ball search to find the ball and send it to the cannon.

So what I have fixed for now is:

- the ball bounced too much between the bumpers, but it never went upwards through the lanes. I rebuild those lane plastics so the ball goes easier trough them.

- The ball left the bumpers too many times through the left side and down to the left outlane. I have changed the position a little of the bumpers and their strength, so I guess it is a little better now.

- The kickback not firing all the time. I still want to use a plunger since it gives a better kickback than using a hidden kicker. I have changed the left outlane to let the ball go up easily. The kickback is also stronger now.

- The cannons doesn't get feed from time to time. I can't hear the popper sound, so I have changed a little the timers of the under playfield passage and diverter. So I hope it has helped a little. But still I got the error. I checked the script several times and I don't understand yet what causes that error.

- Added the missing plastics on the top lanes. I forgot them smile.gif

- Sometimes the cannons are not placed right to receive the ball and they kick the ball in the wrong direction. I have changed the script a little,so I hope it is better now.

I'm still testing, I got help from Sheltemke to test the table, and it is nearly ready smile.gif We are testing now, so lets see how it goes smile.gif

JP

Edit: I forgot to mention that I have adjusted the flippers a little so the left flipper can hit the center targets easily.

Hi!
I am new here and I am not familiar in the Visual Pinball.
I really like this table, I threw a lot of money into anno. I found this topik with google and I want play with this table.
I follow these instructions to install the Visual Pinball:
http://www.vpforums....u...l&f_id=2990

Everything is working fine but I have a little problem.
The table sometimes to stall, rend but not frozen. It seems the FPS is fall off.
It is usually the jackpot and multiball. I often can't see the balls. The flippers is very slow at this time and the sound is falter.

I have a dual core notebook with nVidia G105 GPU, Windows 7 64bit. Any game is working great.
Dou you have any idea? What is the problem? Can I set on something?
Is this a table or Visual Pinball problem? I tried out the "built in" table "Topspeed" this is woeking fine with good FPS / speed.

Please I interested for any idea I like it very much this table.

Sorry for my English.

Hi!
I am new here and I am not familiar in the Visual Pinball.
I really like this table, I threw a lot of money into anno. I found this topik with google and I want play with this table.
I follow these instructions to install the Visual Pinball:
http://www.vpforums....u...l&f_id=2990

Everything is working fine but I have a little problem.
The table sometimes to stall, rend but not frozen. It seems the FPS is fall off.
It is usually the jackpot and multiball. I often can't see the balls. The flippers is very slow at this time and the sound is falter.

I have a dual core notebook with nVidia G105 GPU, Windows 7 64bit. Any game is working great.
Dou you have any idea? What is the problem? Can I set on something?
Is this a table or Visual Pinball problem? I tried out the "built in" table "Topspeed" this is woeking fine with good FPS / speed.

Please I interested for any idea I like it very much this table.

Sorry for my English.

#53 Sabbat

Sabbat

The Pinball Monk

• VIP
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:43 PM

you are using vp9 to play the table right? and if so do you have HD Render checked or unchecked in the options... either way check it or uncheck it...save the table, quit out of vp and then load the table again and see if that fixes it.

#54 ANDROID

ANDROID

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 285 posts

• Favorite Pinball: EM's MM, TOM, CV, AFM..lots

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:29 PM

If its any help, I have an ATI radeon 1 gig, HD4650 video card, older 3.0gig HyperThread Dell Dimension8400 and 2 gigs ram, I have to play with Hardware Render OFF, and I can play with shadows ON, but during Some Multiballs it even staggers/lags then. I have played STTNGv1.01 alot recently inc. my 13billion game, and it didn't. freeze once,
I have played the Final Frontier Mode a few times, tho I don't think I beat it. I haven't had any problems, but If I had to guess, I would guess maybe a memory overload, having all video options powered to the hilt, or some other process started during gameplay.

Of course maybe your machine can render five or six multiballs simultaneously, Each table carries different demands from the MB processor and video processor, with all the fading lights, extra sounds etc.

My guess, and its not an optimal one Sabbat Moon, is to dummy down some of your video resolution settings and antialiasing settings, with hardware render off and play the final frontier mode again using extra balls if necessary and test out the table unchecking and rechecking your video options.

Good Luck!!!

#55 Wizards_Hat

Wizards_Hat

Pinball Fan

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: STTNG

• Trophies:

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (ANDROID @ Jan 23 2011, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have played the Final Frontier Mode a few times, tho I don't think I beat it.

You can't "beat" the Final Frontier - it carries on until you get back down to 1 ball.

Regards,
Dan.

A wizard only needs one ball...but can handle six.

#56 B2K24

B2K24

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Anything released by JPSalas

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:37 PM

I played all the way through Final Frontier with no problems at all without changing any rom from the default one used.
I only play the FS versions of tables BTW

Edited by B2K24, 23 January 2011 - 06:38 PM.

#57 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,416 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:17 AM

Update 1.2
- Simply updated for VP91x with alpha ramps and some adjustments in the settings as with the rest of my tables for VP91x.
- I have also ressurected my chrome ball that I used about 4 years ago smile.gif This time as a PNG alpha transparent ball smile.gif

So there aren't many changes in this update.

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#58 bladexdsl

bladexdsl

Joined the elite ranks

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Scared stiff and Congo

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:32 AM

that's the perfect ball image IMO u should update all your tables to use it cool.gif

Edited by bladexdsl, 16 April 2011 - 10:38 AM.

#59 bolt

bolt

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,030 posts

• Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:22 AM

Thank you very much for the new update.
Posted Image

#60 billyrjse

billyrjse

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

• Flag: Brazil

• Favorite Pinball: Cavaleiro negro, Medieval Madness, AFM, Elvira Scared Stiff

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:29 PM

Thank you for the update JP. smile.gif

Big Thanks to my friend Hassanchop for this very nice dmd.