• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 bolt

bolt

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,030 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:12 PM

Thank you very much for this wunderful table.

I like your fantastic transparent ramps, the perfect clear playfield and the great speaking head's.
Posted Image

#22 marv75

marv75

Master of Nothing

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,092 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:57 PM

Awesome work JP, thank you! smile.gif
VPF The Premiere Pinball Site

#23 grapper

grapper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

• Flag: Sweden

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:49 PM

Finally got home to play the table. Yet another amazing piece of art by JPSalas. You are godsent my friend. otvclap.gif

Never got to play the real table, but that shootout from the head to the left lane/drain is just vicious!

#24 Harakiri

Harakiri

Highscore Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

• Flag: Portugal

• Favorite Pinball: LOTR (yeah seriously)

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:55 PM

Hey!

At first i didn't like this table because it's unforgivingly fast regarding shootouts, but it quickly grew on me and now i'm addicted. Is there a possible quick fix to eliminate stuttering during Laff attack mode?
I'm running VP @ 1920x1080, my graphics card is a ATI 4850 and i find it very surprising that it can't handle this mode... sad.gif

Great table anyway, keep up the great work JP! smile.gif

#25 Joshua B

Joshua B

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:00 AM

I'd never played this table or even heard of it. Thank you! It's great looking and fun!

#26 Shoopity

Shoopity

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Contributor

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:38 AM

Not to sound like an echo, but awesome job.

My $0.02, I would adjust the settings for the plunger. I've only played the table, like, 3 times in my life IRL, but with the current setting, it's nigh impossible to make the skill shot from the plunger. It feels like it's either too weak and comes out the cosmic hut thingy, or if I hold the plunger just a hair longer, it goes all the way to BOP.

I found it interesting that you implemented a VP plunger instead of using your PlungerIM routine (not that I have any idea how that code works, I just noticed how you implemented the plunger in some of your other tables).

#27 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,416 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:25 AM

Thanks for all your kind words! smile.gif

Plunger: yes, this is a tough one. I tried for a few days with different strengths and they all seem to speed up really fast the first steps, and the it slows down, but then the strength is too high. If I make the plunger slower then it is really easy to get the skillshot. I may go back to use the IMPlunger. The reason why I used a normal plunger was because of the cabinet users with a hardware plunger, so they can use the table without many changes. They can't use the IMPlunger with a hardware plunger. Well, if someone finds a nice setting then just poste it here smile.gif

Stuttering: There are a lot of GI going on during laugh attack. I have reduced the number of gi walls very much so it is playable in my computer. The first versions used many more walls and then it was really unplayable. The table uses a white gi lights and a set of red gi lights and they all turn on and off. I have done some optimizations to reduce the number of walls required, but the only thing left is to reduce the size of the walls even more. I'll see if I can reduce their size a little more.

The shoot out to the left: yes that's vicious! I have never seen the real table but by looking at some videos the ball goes more or less that way. It may bounce a little more on the real table. But I thought it was fun and it keeps you awake and ready to bump a little the table smile.gif

Well, I'm glad you all enjoy this table smile.gif

JP

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#28 mystereo

mystereo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Big Bang Bar, Monopoly, Hook, Sorcerer, Dr. Dude

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:57 AM

JP,
I'm glad you recreated this table. It is a stunner and well done. It is fast and tough to play which is why I enjoy it. I hope someday you can acquire enough material to do a Dr. Dude. Thanks!

#29 Satch

Satch

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

• Flag: Serbia

• Favorite Pinball: Elektra

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:19 PM

This conversion is so realistic! The gameplay is exactly the same as I remember it. This was my fav pin for almost 3 years. JP you couldn't give me a better gift for holidays! Thank you man!

#30 Mr. Pacman

Mr. Pacman

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

• Flag: Greece

• Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:32 PM

JP thank you so much for this table!!! It looks like REAL!!!

#31 cristal13

cristal13

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

• Flag: Spain

• Favorite Pinball: Fast Draw

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:38 PM

I hate to say what is already said, but... this is a great work. Thanks

#32 ANDROID

ANDROID

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 285 posts

• Favorite Pinball: EM's MM, TOM, CV, AFM..lots

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:11 AM

Fantastic Job is sounding quite cliche or normal when we talk about how great your tables look and play, I for one really don't think there are enough superlatives to describe your tables. LOVE IT!!!!
You reign supreme!!!

#33 Shoopity

Shoopity

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Contributor

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:37 AM

Only because I'm curious, why did you not use the table's built-in ability to track the ball. I think it's really cool how you came up with your own implementation, just curious why you didn't use the ROM.

#34 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,416 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:40 AM

Because the emulation of the head isn't perfect. The vpinmame doesn't emulate this toy, since it uses a different kind of motor not emulated by vpinmame. I PM'ed destruk, and he confirmed that the head movement wasn't emulated in the current vpinmame. So I had to find a way to make the head move close to the real one. I have only seen a few videos. And that's what I came with. I tried different ways to do it. I knew which soleoids the head was using, but I couldn't get it to wrok like I wanted. But in the end I made this this way, and I was satisfied with the result. It uses the ROM to open/close the moouth and it also uses the ROM to start the movement. The triggers are there just to tell the head where it is the ball (or where it was last seen) and then when the ROM decides it starts the movement towards the ball. Not perfect, but good enough for me until the vpinmame team feel to add this head emulation (if they ever to do that, it is not a priority on my behalf).

JP

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#35 Manfredo

Manfredo

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

• Flag: Austria

• Favorite Pinball: Demolition Man

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:23 PM

Many thanks for another fantastic table, Jpsalas. For me it's the best release I've seen so far (haven' played your new Eight Ball Deluxe though).
Just had a great game with a new highscore of over 408 Million points. Is this pinball on the easier side in real life also, or was it just "one of those games"?

Greetings
Manfredo

#36 bolt

bolt

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,030 posts

• Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:23 PM

The head animation are not perfect?
I like the animation of the head, for me are the animation perfect!

Thanks again for this awesome table.
Posted Image

#37 d3xtro

d3xtro

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: World Cup Soccer '94

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:27 PM

Thanks for the update JP !!!

Much appreciated.

Cheers,

drinks.gif

#38 Sabbat

Sabbat

The Pinball Monk

• VIP
  • 4,506 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

• PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:18 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that this table doesn't work with 910 just like 909, the ball can't make it up the left ramp.
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#39 bolt

bolt

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:14 PM

Thanks for the info Sabbat Moon,

I had the same error with the left rocket ramp, go back to an older VP version.
Posted Image

#40 tipoto

tipoto

Enthusiast

• VIP
  • 296 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: Elvira and the Party Monsters ; Terminator 2

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (Sabbat @ Feb 5 2011, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just wanted to let everyone know that this table doesn't work with 910 just like 909, the ball can't make it up the left ramp.

You can fix this if you move these two kickers inside the playfield. VP 909 and 910 don't like all objects situated outside the playfield.